d40 diff breathers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaid40

Reaction score
Hi has anyone fitted a BRC quad diff breather kit, just unsure about where factory front diff,transfer case and gearbox breathers are located.any help would be appreciated.

front diffs on passenger side of car near front wheel and just follow the lines above transfer case should be able to get your hand up there to follow them

thanks d40ryan,i found I found front diff and transfer case breathers but they have clamp on fuel hose type fittings unlike the rear diff which has removeable screw in fitting.

Ive got a set of those breathers just havnt got around to fitting them.
The last D40 i had was Thai built and the rear had a short hose extension from the housing go up into the chassis ,and as far as i could tell just terminated there.
The new Spain model just has the small cap sitting on the housing so i really should hurry up and fit the things.

Ive got a set of those breathers just havnt got around to fitting them.
The last D40 i had was Thai built and the rear had a short hose extension from the housing go up into the chassis ,and as far as i could tell just terminated there.
The new Spain model just has the small cap sitting on the housing so i really should hurry up and fit the things.

Especially if you're going to do the Condamine Gorge run at the Muster this year. I think I'll check out a set of extended breathers myself - with 28 river crossings it's going to be too much risk to NOT have them.

Especially if you're going to do the Condamine Gorge run at the Muster this year. I think I'll check out a set of extended breathers myself - with 28 river crossings it's going to be too much risk to NOT have them.

Yeah your not wrong, its not like it will be as easy to drop the oil's before the 1300km trip home and considering i have them sitting in the shed i may as well not risk it.
Having said all that tho at the 40k service my mate who did the work said there was no water in any of the oil, and after doing quiet a few crossings within that time i was pretty happy, but i never done any of those with really hot running gear so thats probably why.

thanks d40ryan,i found I found front diff and transfer case breathers but they have clamp on fuel hose type fittings unlike the rear diff which has removeable screw in fitting.

just extend the original then or redo that pipe....

This is ONE of the crossings we'll be doing at the muster this year. Ample reason to extend the breathers! This won't be a "ooooh I got my rims wet!" exercise!

Shonky2.jpg

The front on the Spanish built(my 07 anyway) has a line that runs up to the engine bay and ends just near the air box. Rear just has a cap.

What about the fuel tank. Does that vent to the outside anywhere???

Yep, small hole in the cap itself. I suppose it could suck water in through there at near the current engine consumption rate, but if the vehicle keeps moving I think it'd be unlikely.

As with everything - door seals, radiator fan etc - if you stop in the middle of a deep stream, the equation changes.

Latest posts

Back