D22 Xrox Bar mounting

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harri3e

Reaction score
Does anybody have a shot of how their XROX bar attaches to the front chassis rails on a D22.
I've searched the forum and can't find what I'm looking for.
I have bought a second hand bar from a wrecker and had it shipped to me. Looking at the supplied bolts (dodgy and practically stripped coach bolts in some cases) they seem to have made modifications to the chassis on the previous vehicle to fit it. Appears as though they are drilling (larger holes M10 increased to M12) through the stock mount holes on the outer walls. These holes would have extended through to the inside wall of the chassis rail gong off the large extended bolts, thus giving a stronger connection through two walls using a longer and larger dia. bolt, not just the standard mount points for the front bumper. I’m cautious about drilling holes through my chassis if it isn’t necessary but feel I might have to as I have a new 12,000 lb winch to hang off it. I want to make sure my winch isn't going to pull my bar clean off the car.
First time mounting a bull bar with a winch and not one to butcher things.
Thanks in advance.

Mine used the 4 standard bumper bolts, plus i had to drill 2 x 10mm holes down through the chassis in front of the radiator panel for 2 more bolts to go at the rear to help in having it not drag forward when winching.

Couple of pics

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1427876503408.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1427876503408.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 169
  • uploadfromtaptalk1427876544780.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1427876544780.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 159
Thanks bods. So you have only used the standard mounting points but not drilled right through the other wall. Then drilled top to bottom of each rail for the two small tabs that help reinforce it. how do you go winching, had any movement or bending with the winch sitting up higher causing a lever action on the mounting points.

Yeah that's correct. Haven't noticed any movement winching. The only time I've had it move was when I was testing the high lift jack points out. The whole bar lifted up lol. Just loosened the bolts to reposition it and did them up a bit tighter. The way the winch feeds onto the drum it tries to pull the bar down anyway so I don't think you'll have any problems there...

My major concern is this flimsy looking mounting arrangement. The higher mounting of the winch or more so the load point of the line onto the drum not being in line with the mount points is adding a cantilever load. I guess if plenty of folks are running these bars with winches and no problems so far, I should be fine. No doubt if anyone has ripped their bar off I would have found it searching the net. Time will tell I suppose.
Now to pull one of the front chassis rails down 5mm so that the bar sits straight. Found out it was bent (thanks to a buddy a few years back) when I was mounting it up to see how it all fits. It touches the bottom of the chrome grill. Anyone have any ideas on how to do this? I was thinking heavy duty chain to a point fixed on the ground then to the tip of the rail near the mounting points and a large heavy duty truck jack under the cross member. Any tips?

Back