D22 navara lemon

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cluth problem in a D22 and he has sign written it to say its a lemon and wont get help and parks it out the front of Nissan dealership in QLD and they tried to remove the stickers and the coppers are now involved and going to charge someone with damage to his car

Wasn't there someone on here a few months ago stating they were going to park their car out the front of a dealers sign posted or something lol

It wasn't Aido. Aido was happy enough to shop around for a backhoe and a box of matches, but I remember this guy was truly - and rightly so - p'd off at his dealer (and Nissan) for the poor way his problem was dealt with.

Might have been me threatening to do that, I was hell bent on it for a while due to fuel consumption, wound my head in since then though. Oh and I'm in Sydney anyway!

I didnt get a chance to see it tonight.... I seen this navara parked in a carpark in brisbane.... Is it the same one? I had a chuckle this thing has been kicking around for a while now...

08102009044.jpg

Nahh it was a white one on the TV. It's a wonder that Nissan haven't come to the party for these guys and done something about the vehicles. It's really, really bad advertising for them.

The pic above is also a D40 going by the black insert on the tail gate. Even so I can't comment on the clutch and flywheel but at the last service (30K) neither my brake pads or rotors were showing signs of major wear and apart from being checked at each service I don't expect any problems from them for atleast another 50K and I've never had a door seal leak.

So while I know lemons exists it's not hard to see why a few bad cars (and that's all it is considering they are selling about 2000 of these a month) don't get Nissan jumping, right or wrong it's just another sign that big business doesn't really care about it's customers because there is always new customers taking the place of the disgruntled ones.

My rotors and pads were toast @ 40,000km. Sorta not happy 'bout it, but they've been replaced with aftermarket jobbies and my brake dust issue has disappeared too.

I've seen D22s with the black piece on the tailgate, but you could be right that it's a D40 because I haven't heard a lot of grumbles from D22 drivers about their brakes - it seems to be a D40 issue.

You'd have thought that a big company like Nissan would pay particular attention to cases like this in order to NOT get the bad press from it. It might even cost them extra $ to deal with the problem, but would the loss of goodwill be a bigger drain than the cost of creating extra goodwill?

I've never had an issue with brake dust on the wheels either, I've only washed my ute about 4 times in 18 months and there was only once the brake dust was anything more than a grey tinge.

The black bit on the D22 is rounder I believe which is why I figured it was a D40 tailgate.

You would think any company would want to stop bad press but you also have to take into account that beyond a forum like this (i.e a Nissan discussion forum) throwing a story on the Australian Justice System (ACA or TT) it's going to be forgotten by 95% of the viewers within 24 hours. Nissan like most company's would know that while there is ripples to ride out from a wave that the media brings in most cases once that ripple is gone there will be no further waves so it's not like it's bad press for ever. The media has such a short attention span that using them to try and make a company pay is very ineffective especially to a global company like Nissan who would just as easily pay a minimal amount make the unhappy customer sign an agreement not to discuss the case and forget it.

I've never had an issue with brake dust on the wheels either, I've only washed my ute about 4 times in 18 months and there was only once the brake dust was anything more than a grey tinge.

The black bit on the D22 is rounder I believe which is why I figured it was a D40 tailgate.

You would think any company would want to stop bad press but you also have to take into account that beyond a forum like this (i.e a Nissan discussion forum) throwing a story on the Australian Justice System (ACA or TT) it's going to be forgotten by 95% of the viewers within 24 hours. Nissan like most company's would know that while there is ripples to ride out from a wave that the media brings in most cases once that ripple is gone there will be no further waves so it's not like it's bad press for ever. The media has such a short attention span that using them to try and make a company pay is very ineffective especially to a global company like Nissan who would just as easily pay a minimal amount make the unhappy customer sign an agreement not to discuss the case and forget it.
Keema is in Brisbane. But Hey, Would you proof read the text on your rear window before making yourself look like a clown, if one was going to do such a thing?

Latest posts

Back