D22 Magnetic Drain plug kit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oz550

Reaction score
Hello

I have 9 kits for the D22 with manual gear box available.
Front & Rear Diff's
Gearbox
Engine
Transfer case.
All up 5 items

I purchased a set of nissan plugs to compare before I sell my version.

The original D22 plugs use a carbon magnet. VERY weak holding strength. Very low field streangth. They would wash off easy with oil movement.

My kits use rare earth magnets and are 50+ times stronger. And will hold metal particles better.

For Eg. The original D22 gearbox plug can "just" hold a AA battery @15 grams
My plug will hold a 12" shifter. easy!

I make and test these kits. I'm not a chinese importer, reseller.

Plugs are $18 each. Get a kit or buy which plug you want.

FREE Postage with a kit purchase. On there own $5

Magnetic Drain Plugs Australia [email protected] Paul

The original D22 plugs use a carbon magnet. VERY weak holding strength. Very low field streangth. They would wash off easy with oil movement.

My kits use rare earth magnets and are 50+ times stronger. And will hold metal particles better.

For Eg. The original D22 gearbox plug can "just" hold a AA battery @15 grams
My plug will hold a 12" shifter. easy!

Is that specification really warranted ?..appreciate what message you are tying to get across in differentiating your product, however I'm not convinced the xtra strength is required.
Would appreciate if you could provide supporting information which is relevant
thanks

a relevant reply

Simply. My magnets will atract, hold more steel particles than any carbon magnet.
period!

Got a website? I will need a new zd30 sump plug for the next oil change and mazda 13b sump and g'box plugs down the track as well. I can look up the sizing if you dont have it at your fingertips.

Size would be good pls. i dont have lists for every plug - I dont visit this site much these days as I dont get on line much. Can you email me pls

Last edited:
I'm fitting one of these on my next oil change. http://fumoto.com.au/

They are a good idea in reference to ease of oil changes BUT offer nothing relevant to keep magnetic ( iron / steel ) particles from circulating in the oil lubrication circuit....do you have another magnetic plug elsewhere ?

here is some other ( technical ) info related to magnetic plugs offered by another company

http://www.drainplugmagnets.com/magneticdrainplugshome.html

if the vendor here does not wish to offer any technical info nor supporting evidence as to what he is doing or using or for that matter supporting his product there is a wealth of info on the net about magnetic oil plugs.

They are a good idea in reference to ease of oil changes BUT offer nothing relevant to keep magnetic ( iron / steel ) particles from circulating in the oil lubrication circuit....do you have another magnetic plug elsewhere ?

here is some other ( technical ) info related to magnetic plugs offered by another company

http://www.drainplugmagnets.com/magneticdrainplugshome.html

if the vendor here does not wish to offer any technical info nor supporting evidence as to what he is doing or using or for that matter supporting his product there is a wealth of info on the net about magnetic oil plugs.

Is there a personal issue between you guys that we are unaware of?? just wondering as you seem to be a bit against what old mate is selling his product here.
I mean im not going to bat for the bloke but he is just offering a service for local members (which ill partake in), you seem to dislike his product offerings or are unhappy with his repose to your required tech information in your required time line and to be honest i dont see a problem with what he is offering.
i`m sure having a stronger magnet located in these areas can only be beneficial in catching straying metal (should you have any), as when i change my oil with my current magnetic plug its covered in shite, but in saying that im no expert by far.

^ yeah. why sabotage a blokes enterprise? Rare earth magnet can only be better rather than worse. as mofo has said. Nothing wrong with the pricing either.

I can't speak for Gazza but I don't have a problem with what he's offering, I was just offering up another option I thought people might be interested in. Might have been more appropriate to give it it's own tread. Magnetic plugs are a great idea which is why they're factory fitted.

But then again, after reading this "At extreme temperatures, there is potential for the magnet to ignite and combust." Here. http://aussiemagnets.com.au/knowledgemanager/questions.php?questionid=21 we probably should do some research and ask a few questions. Would want my sump ,diffs, gearbox, and transfer case all catching fire.

I agree with you Rumpig, was not a stab at you at all, no problems with suggesting an alternative, leads to competition which is a good thing, i also agree with the research needed for ignition of magnets under heat and pressure.

Last edited:
Has anyone bought these magnets yet? Im keen to try some there are cheapies on fleabay but they are mostly alloy which i cant see lasting long, which is why i wanted to see what material the ones offered here are?

Back