d22 leaking heater core

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mic

Reaction score
Seems I have a leaking heater core (coolant on passenger floor). I removed the glovebox but not sure what to do next. Has anyone replaced one? Any help (photos etc) would be much appreciated :deadhorse:

Seems I have a leaking heater core (coolant on passenger floor). I removed the glovebox but not sure what to do next. Has anyone replaced one? Any help (photos etc) would be much appreciated :deadhorse:

what are your symptoms mate? i have a dribble of coolant coming from the floor air ducts, and the underside of the heaterbox has a sweat of coolant on it. the left footwell has a slight damp feel also, so i think its been leaking for a little while (only bought it last week).

i got stuck in there this afternoon trying to find a way into the box itself, but its just about as far into the dash as you can get.

keen to hear some feedback on this one!

Tim.

Hi Tim,
I bought a small piece of heater hose and bypassed the heater at the top rear of engine for now, helped to stop the coolant stench in the cab and risk of it getting worse. I would like to know if the core can be replaced without pulling all the dash out????

Pretty sure its a dash out job. If you have a look through the service manual it should show an exploded diagram of it

Hi Tim,
I bought a small piece of heater hose and bypassed the heater at the top rear of engine for now, helped to stop the coolant stench in the cab and risk of it getting worse. I would like to know if the core can be replaced without pulling all the dash out????

good suggestion! this would at least stop the carpet getting trashed. At least you have no massive need for a heater in FNQ ;)

I can live without one until i manage to fix it :cheers!:

Cheers
Tim

pull the out the dash

my did the same took 9 hours for me with one screw left over not for much fun in the end ,over a $1000 and up to 2 days in a shop,i took lots of photos and put each lot of screws in a new parts tray used thread lock on all parts when putting back in and take your time here can be done

Cheers for the info bjs, but Im not looking forward to doing this job, sorta tossing up whether I should bother with it hear in Cairns, but I like everything on my car to work. Any chance of posting some picks of your removal process? Or some idea of where to start???? Any help would be appreciated!

thats was my idea just leave but the wife said i had to fix it farrr

dont get me wrong, i WANT to fix it properly - its just finding the time to dismantle the whole dash :violin2:

my plan for now will be to do something similar to my fancy-arsed mspaint edit, attached. red hose from heater out to heater in, and plug up the ones going into the cab. i will also drain out as much coolant as i can from the heater box (so it stops dripping into my carpet!)

will let you guys know how i go :)

Attachments

• nav_bypass.jpg
    nav_bypass.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 135
job done.

went to SCA yesterday and found something that was close to the right shape. Turns out an old Falcon hose was pretty well spot on.

Cut it down to the right length, and put a couple of fresh worm drive clamps on. Works like a charm!

Now to flush the coolant from the heater box and drain it.

Attachments

• nav-bypass2.jpg
    nav-bypass2.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 115
  • nav-bypass3.jpg
    nav-bypass3.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 139
Hey guys

Was wandering how every one went with their heater core problems.

I currently have had mine by-passed for the last 6 months and am keen to sort it out before going away at the end of the year.

I was wandering where everyone had sourced their parts, I priced one from Nissan and it was over 400. Also has the unit changed over the model changes was thinking of getting one from a wreckers, a look through a pdf workshop manual does not mention any changes as far as I can see.

Any thoughts on how other people have dealt with this will be great.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back