D22 3.0l missing under load

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farmer Joe

Reaction score
Hi, my D22 runs fine at low speed, but at 90 to 110km per hour it misses and carries on, slow down to about 80km and it is ok. Any suggestions??

missing, thats a bit tricky.

probably just start with the basics. replace filters. tho typically blocked filter won't cause it to miss.
i would fit boost gauge and see what the boost is doing.
is speedo reading correctly?

is catch can empty?

otherwise i would be checking sensors and earths.

speedo is reading correctly, catch can is empty, filters changed last service.
I'll check earths and sensor connections.
Thanks Tweak'e

filters changed last service doesn't mean anything.
air filter could have gotten wet and collapsed, or you got some bad fuel and clogged the fuel filter.

other possibility is its sucking air into the fuel. sometimes that will make it miss.

sucking air in fuel would make hard starting, but it starts easily. Wouldn't clogged fuel filter thro engine light on?

sucking air in fuel would make hard starting, but it starts easily. Wouldn't clogged fuel filter thro engine light on?
in bad cases yes but not in mild cases, for both issues.
half clogged filter can cause air to be sucked in due to the increase in suction.

it can take a of rpm to suck enough air in, which can sometimes build and go through as a bubble, which will cause a miss.

its just an easy cheap thing to check for.

Does it do it in other gears at the same rpm or only speed related? Could be something in the drive train out of balance causing the feeling of a misfire. Any change if you disengage the clutch or drop it into neutral?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Does it do it free revving in neutral too or only driving? How many km on it and have you ever used injector cleaner or had the injectors serviced?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Found the problem..... pulled the fuel filters and cut them in half, primary one was quite dirty.
New filters on and took her for a run and straight up to 120 with no missing. Thanks for
your advice guys, much appreciated.

At least it was an easy fix. How long ago was the service and did you change them yourself or pay someone to do it?

At least it was an easy fix. How long ago was the service and did you change them yourself or pay someone to do it?

Definitely an easy fix, had me worried. Last service was 3,500km ago, did it myself, I do all my own services. I am lucky enough to have a pit.

Fair enough. Must have had some nasty fuel in that time to have blocked filters already. What filters are you running? Genuine or aftermarket?

Fair enough. Must have had some nasty fuel in that time to have blocked filters already. What filters are you running? Genuine or aftermarket?

aftermarket wix. They must be doing their job as no damage was done to pump etc.

Yeah sounds like it. Have you got a prefilter setup on there or just 2 standard type filters?

Sounds like mine. I have a stanadyne prefilter with a glass bowl. Can't say I've had filters block up that much before, let alone that fast. Do you fill up from name brand servos or small ones?

Thanks for the heads up Tweak'e. I actually have two brands of filters, that's all that's available here, the pre-filter is the wix, no 33547, and on the standard one I have a Sakura no FC1803. It was the pre-filter that was dirty. bods I use BP fuel. I wonder sometimes if fuel carriers are a bit careless with cleanliness!!

Latest posts

Back