D22 2WD Rear Brake pressure valve

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roscoe07

Reaction score
I am building a mini truck for my 16yo son out of a 97 D22. I have lowered it 64mm (whatever the blocks were) and noticed the other day in the rain the back brakes locked. I assume that is because the car load sensing valve thinks the car has weight on and is applying too much pressure to the back wheels. My manual does not show the valve or how to adjust it. Does anyone have a diagram?

Last edited:
I have gone through the brake and suspension section of the 1997 D22 workshop manual and can't see any mention of a load sensing valve like the D40 has.

I think we need someone who has one to help us out!

Iv been told they do have them. My rear brakes are f@#ing useless. Yes they're drum brakes. But got worse after 3inch lift. I was told my brake bias proportioning valve needs adjusting. I thought most utes have them

Last edited:
The D22 has a spring and an adjustable valve similar to my D40. The D40 has a diagram in the door so when i lifted mine 2 inches i just reset the valve. Simple. However my D22 does not have that diagram and no mention in the manual.
If you lift the normal thing was just lift the valve as well the same amount or adjust the valve.
I have lowered this D22 so i suppose I should drop the bracket and not worry about trying to adjust the valve. Does that make sense?

Last edited:
I looked at this problem and decided that as the valve had really dropped 60mm them i had to lower the spring mount for the valve the same amount. In the end i just remover the bracket that the spring attaches to and attached the spring to the mount of the bracket. So in effect the spring is not pulling on the valve at all. Brakes work fine.

I don't really know the answer to adjusting this valve.

hey roscoe i looked in my manual and found the LSV for the d22 if it helps...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back