d22 2.5cr egr mod???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So was going to do this but went to check ute out and it looks like there's 3 here already ??!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423035000.544926.jpg

It must have been pretty obvious then.
I cut mine the same shape and used just slightly thicker stainless than the original and it is invisible.

it was an ebay one, the same as the gasket, but 1.5 mm thick. i think the local stealership read this forum.....

Can anyone tell me if the egr mod puts it in to limp mode on a 2014 d22 cheers
No I don't think so, I have one in my 09 model which is the same and no problems, I haven't heard of any others with d22 having probs either... Its just the d40 that sometimes has the issue and needs a tiny hole in the blank plate to trick the computer...

worth doing

Hi all I've just done the EGR blank thing and 2 thumbs up no lag with AC on smoother running more power down low and less smoke out the back :dance3::cheers!:

Just did mine, 2015 model 2000ks on the clock. No check engine light.

The one thing I have noticed is the turbo spools up a fair bit quicker. That was quite noticeable, after putting around for ten minutes half expecting something to go wrong I pulled out at an intersection and at half throttle was up through first and second gear a lot faster than before.
Can't comment on smoke, never looked at it pre mod.

Hi all,

My question is, why does the engine have this exhaust gas return in the first place? It seems like blocking it off works well but I'm sure then engine designers have it in for a reason. I'm trying to figure out if this is a good idea, i don't want to get stuck in the middle of nowhere!

Cheers

Hi all,

My question is, why does the engine have this exhaust gas return in the first place? It seems like blocking it off works well but I'm sure then engine designers have it in for a reason. I'm trying to figure out if this is a good idea, i don't want to get stuck in the middle of nowhere!

Cheers
It is for emissions purposes only. It cuts them down at the cost of engine wear/life. Try find any old diesel with an egr, the ones which are renowned for running forever. Yeah none of those old bullet proof engines had them, but they were ****ing tractors which pumped out sooty exhaust haha

Hi all,

Cheers
its for emissions to reduce Nox output levels.
downside is reduced power/economy, but mostly adds wear. pumping sooty exhaust down the intake means the intake gets clogged up with soot. tone of pictures on the net showing it.
some engines are so bad for it they have to pull the manifolds off and clean them as part of a regular service.
when the manifold clogs up, you loose air flow, which makes the combustion even more sooty which compounds the problem.

Latest posts

Back