D21 front upper & lower balljoints.....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK - Got new ball joints for my D21 and I am confident (?) that I can change them ok. The torsion bars still cause me a little angst, but I have read heaps on this marvelous forum regarding how to not have all that tension rip my arms off while I am unbolting things...

My question is this:
While I have the front end in pieces, what else should I check/ALWAYS-replace-irrespective-of-condition/upgrade/leave-alone-and-NEVER-touch?

The default is to check EVERYTHING, but I'm figuring that I may end up changing something that doesn't need it, or miss something that does.

I suppose it makes sense to ask if I will need any special tools? I have all the usual tools and a ball joint splitter (plus a tap and die set to fix up any bolts that would prefer to snap than turn), but don't have oxy, a 4 million tonne press or explosives (well, not much explosive, anyhoo :wink:). Is there anything that is going to bite me?

What can you tell me??

Cheers to you all - what a brilliant community this is! :biggrin:

Hey Chris
I can drop by one arvo and give you a hand if you want, or sometime this weekend.
If your doing the ball joints it might be a good idea to consider the other bit and pieces while your there, like the control arm bush's and the other strange rods bushes (sorry dont know its name haha)
Christian

Back