cv issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mud Fish

Reaction score
Hi all its been a long time since i have been on here after having a couple of kids and moving across the island time has been short. so i thought i bta put up some info on the latest issue with my d22. on my last outing i ripped both of my inner cv boots i took the cv,s off to replace them and found cracks all around the inner joint. So ordered 2 new ones off ebay (gsp) brand. after installing them i had massive shaking from the front nearly enough to lift the front wheels off the ground. so i took one off and pulled the inner cv apart and found the axle had been hitting the inner joint which was forcing the axle out every quarter turn because the have a thicker side wall than the original cv,s i have put som pics up of my original cv,s it appears that they had been hitting slightly to but no where as bad as the new ones

Attachments

• 20150430_132815.jpg
    20150430_132815.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 20150430_132827.jpg
    20150430_132827.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 20150430_133543.jpg
    20150430_133543.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 20150430_132728.jpg
    20150430_132728.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 75
Apparently you can get cv shafts with cv's that have 4 bearings in them, instead of 3, which help with this issue. The only other option is a diff drop kit to lower the whole diff down and reduce the angle of the shafts...

I'm looking at them now- $60 to $70 + $ 65 to post from the states for the drop bushes,work with a Snake 2" U/C arms ! I'm ready to order now- I can't remember the name of the post but someone here was trying to put a bulk order in. These are no.1 on the to do list and I will look into these C.V Bods- any ideas of where you spotted them?
I found some well priced "castor wedges" for the rear so that's no.1a also';) dose anyone know what degree is best to use with a 40mm lift in the rear? 4mm=1 degree cheers vic

Last edited:
Nah I'm not sure where they're from. Saw a post a while ago on a facebook d22 page, but can't find it anymore...

OK I'll have a look into the cv with the four bearing the gsp cv I got are bigger in the bearing than the original ones. And I have just ordered the drop kit from profomance suspension with the drag link.

I'm looking at them now- $60 to $70 + $ 65 to post from the states for the drop bushes,work with a Snake 2" U/C arms ! I'm ready to order now- I can't remember the name of the post but someone here was trying to put a bulk order in. These are no.1 on the to do list and I will look into these C.V Bods- any ideas of where you spotted them?
I found some well priced "castor wedges" for the rear so that's no.1a also';) dose anyone know what degree is best to use with a 40mm lift in the rear? 4mm=1 degree cheers vic

You shouldnt need castor wedges with 40mm lift. I have 2 inch springs and 2inch shackles and dont have any problems

I agree with jased22 if you have longer hangers that will take care of any angle you have lost. money best spent elsewhere. I have 40mm efs 30mm diff block and 2" hangers been running that for four years with no problems still has original center bearing and it's 13 years old

I agree with jased22 if you have longer hangers that will take care of any angle you have lost. money best spent elsewhere. I have 40mm efs 30mm diff block and 2" hangers been running that for four years with no problems still has original center bearing and it's 13 years old

I'd love to see a pic of those angles, I was just thinking for $40 and an hour of my time I might save myself a diff re-build and take the load off the uni's at the same time but deep down I know i'm fooling myself- it's 'gunnabe a diff rebuild I just know it.. it 's good piece of mind before I set off I guess..

Latest posts

Back