Crack in the firewall

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justo

Reaction score
Hi guys just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how was it fixed and how much.it's a bit strange and I can't understand how this would happen.

I have a Navara D40 2010 model manual with 130000ks on it.
It seems that where the clutch meets the firewall it has crack the firewall itself and now it is extremely hard to engage gears and as the clutch moved forward due to the crack the cruise control won't turn on either so it has moved a bit.
I don't think I'll have much luck with Nissan to fix this even though it's clearly a manafacturing issue also I don't think I should keep driving it as I think it will evently completely go thought. Any help would be great thanks

Take nissan and see if the recall will cover it. As you may have too much weight over the front end... For the standard set up...

I don't recall hearing about a crack around the clutch mount, but I'm sure someone's had a crack in the firewall before - I think it was over behind the ABS unit. I tried searching and couldn't find it, I'll have to keep looking. Can't recall how Nissan reacted to it either.

Because of its rarity though, I would suspect it would be taken on by Nissan and fixed. Surely they aren't going to say that you broke it with your heavy foot?

Cracks in the firewall of lightweight utes aren't uncommon, and they often start around the clutch master cylinder.

Depending on how handy you are with the tools, it's not a massive job. Strip out the master cyl, clear soem space, flap disc to remove the paint, and touch her up with a mig. Grind it back to shape, some paint to prevent rust, reinstall master cyl, and bleed the system.

Done.

On my last rodeo, the whole job took about 3 hours.

I remember that one old tony. it was a silver nav on the passenger side. don't recall the outcome either. must have drunk the same potion as you...

:rofl2: gonna have to lay off the bottle!

Mig-welding is the only way to do it, for sure. Best done with gas, rather than gasless, but if you clean it up properly, gasless will do the job.

This has just happened to me

Hello this exact same problem happened to me yesterday although my firewall has completely let go of the clutch. How did you resolve this? Was nissan helpful? I'm really hoping they fix mine although it's out of warranty

?if anyone has any ideas for a easy fix can they let me know

Accidentally leave a jerry can lid off on the front seat, pretend you know nothing about eletrical circuitry and replace the acc fuse with a 40amp and plug heaps of shit in?

Then get one that didn't accidentally catch fire.

Just f-ing around of course.

That sucks dude, prob just have to weld that shit up

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back