couple of Q's, if anyone can help.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gypsymike

Reaction score
Hi all, I have just bought a 2005 Nissan Navara, ST-R diesel. I really like it and I'll be driving it up to Darwin soon. Can anyone tell me what sort of fuel economy I should expect? Also, I'm not worried about it, but is there s'posed to be a "beep-beep" a few seconds after you take the keys out of the ignition when your'e getting out of the vehicle?
Mick

700 km's out of a tank if sitting on 100 is pretty standard with these. I know the beeping you are talking about my partners mazda does it and it drives me nuts. Thankfully no the Navara doesn't have this.

Do u have an aftermarket stereo? My last car's sony used to do a beep beep like fake alarm

I'm going to ask the the very obvious: are you going to be towing? What are you towing and how heavy is it?

Your car should be capable (unloaded) of between 10-12LPHK at worst. Towing a small off-road or pop-up camper will probably add 2-3LPHK and a large van like ours (1.8T full van) adds about 7-8LPHK. The greatest economy on highway should be achieved just as your engine enters the torque zone, which on my 2009 STX is at 2,000rpm which is about 95km/h.

Beyond those speeds you're throwing fuel at it to overcome air resistance. Don't forget the vehicle is a nicely painted brick as far as aerodynamics are concerned.

The greatest economy on highway should be achieved just as your engine enters the torque zone, which on my 2009 STX is at 2,000rpm which is about 95km/h.

With my ute basically unladen this morning (apart from the usual crap there is a few monitors floating around the tub) I spent this morning's drive cruising at about 95 on the highway and a max of 50 in the town between lights and stop signs. While not a long distance trip by any means the 60 odd ks was done at 9.6LPH and the max revs were 2096 (going by scangauge) and the times where I looked at the tacho while cruising on the highway it was reading well under the 2k mark at a speed of 95.

I've looked at my scangauge results a number of times since it was installed and apart from the days driving around the paddocks with a tandem trailer on there was very few times where the max revs read by scangauge were over 2200.

My ride today was relatively flat and the car didn't drop gears to climb up any hills but a cruise RPM under 2000 at the same speeds as you is example why we can achieve two completely different economy figures. Two supposedly identical cars yet at the same speed mines doing 5 maybe even 10% less RPM, over a full tank that will make a difference.

My ride today was relatively flat and the car didn't drop gears to climb up any hills but a cruise RPM under 2000 at the same speeds as you is example why we can achieve two completely different economy figures. Two supposedly identical cars yet at the same speed mines doing 5 maybe even 10% less RPM, over a full tank that will make a difference.

I don't have a Scangauge yet, so my "2,000rpm" is subjective at best. Also, my 95km/h figure is from satellite, so at least *that* part is right. I'm on standard Continental tyres with 7mm tread depth remaining.

My speed is off the scangauge which reads the same as the GPS and the "well under 2K at cruising speed" is off the tacho. Dunno about the tread on my tyres but they haven't done 20K yet and they are stock as is the rest of the car.

The tyre tread depth is an indication of how worn mine are, which correlates to the road diameter (which affects speed and distance measurement). We're about the same, our variations are probably in language and guesstimations.

Latest posts

Back