Consult 3

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did when I had my Lexus, even had to buy the special ODB2 cable for it.

The lexus had pages and pages of settings to change and tinker with.

The D40 Navara? what exactly are you planning on doing? the car has the tech of a Fuel Injected VK commodore.

Having start issues electronically mainly used a scanner but no codes showing
What scanner are you using?

I've noticed that when I'm using Torque and ODB2, I'm actually getting more codes than when I do it with a semi-pro handheld scanner.

I have used SVCI ING (Download Page) Its a device that plugs into the OBD2 port and using bluetooth will communicate with the software on a laptop. The software download is called BAOCHI Cloud Diagnostic Version: v1.7. It will analyse almost anything on the Navaras. Your laptop will need a working internet connection for it to work. Takes a little bit of practice to use but there are some explanatory videos to help. Cost is around $159. Allows some programming and reflashing module capability from its cloud source as well. Closest to Consult 3 at a reasonable price that I could find.

The Consult 3 device obviously has a much more comprehensive interface with our cars and things like DPF reset etc are only available through the Consult devices (or their clones). I can't do a DPF reset on my phone with any of the apps I've tried.

I also can't easily get data out of the auto gearbox like the Consult (or clone) devices can. I have a lead on how to do it, but I haven't put in the time to figure it out (lots of other stuff happening here, I thought retirement would mean free time, it's quite the opposite!). The Consult devices just do it without any drama.

Hi Tony, I'm just starting down this journey having tried a couple of apps and a couple of Bluetooth adapter's
The android apps I've tried with mixed success are torque and a fail with nds111lite from Niscan. Which apps have you tried to date and your experience with them?

Hi Tony, I'm just starting down this journey having tried a couple of apps and a couple of Bluetooth adapter's
The android apps I've tried with mixed success are torque and a fail with nds111lite from Niscan. Which apps have you tried to date and your experience with them?

I still use Torque because it provides me with all of the information that I need in a convenient manner.

I've tried a couple of others and I wasn't happy with any of them, although I admit I didn't try them for long because I had a tool that worked. Haltech ECU Manager, ECUTalk, Enginuity and maybe a couple of others that I didn't keep long at all.

Latest posts

Back