Commonwealth bank/useless

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bloody commonwealth bank need to take notes on how to SERVICE their customers.My son takes out a small loan to fix up his car and just to get the paper work done they busted my balls for trying to help him as he cant get to the bank in time.
Today he asks me to withdraw money for him,he gives me his card and pin number...so off i go to the bank.
I get to the teller,swipe the card,i tell the chick how much i want,then she hands me a bit of paper to sign....i tell her i want to use the pin number instead of a signature....guess what.....they dont have a F@$#@n pin number system inside the bank,only signature system....
you can go to any shop and buy stuff and they ask u pin or signature,but not here in the BANK...how fkd is that...the moron manager did nothing but piss me off even more so i told her my mortgage is going elsewhere,that i prommised her.
MY bank...westpac..i can use the pin number inside the bank for withdrawals,so simple.......fkn commonwealth are the pitts for banking....

i avoid going into banks at any cost. No atm outside u could have used?

On the paperwork side of things tho, im with the commonwealth and last time i took a loan out, the guy let me come in half hour after closing time to finish signing off the paperwork as i couldnt get away from work early enough.

We tried to get a business loan off those morons about 20 years ago. They made us jump through hoops, sell off the 17 nubile virgins that I had lined up for a private party and removed my left ball then turned around and told me they couldn't lend me $10,000 to start a business because - get this - I WAS NOT EMPLOYED BY ANYONE.

I'm going "I know, I am starting my own business" and they're going "the rules say you need a certain level of income and without that we can't give you the loan". I can't get any income without starting the business, I need the money to start the business ... then I am earning an income ... yes, you and I can see it, but they couldn't - or wouldn't.

Stuffing idiots. I went to Advance Bank, got that and a whole lot more. Made $250K several years in a row after that and won't touch the Commonwhore Bank with a barge pole these days.

There's one good thing in all of this. At least I now know the idiot factory hasn't changed. If there's one thing you can rely on staying the same, it's the collective IQ points at the Commonwhore Bank. You won't need your other hand to count with.

CBA terrible service, got out years ago. (the shares have been good though!) I reckon the credit unions are the go.

i avoid going into banks at any cost. No atm outside u could have used?

On the paperwork side of things tho, im with the commonwealth and last time i took a loan out, the guy let me come in half hour after closing time to finish signing off the paperwork as i couldnt get away from work early enough.

couldnt get enough from the ATM

we tried to get a business loan off those morons about 20 years ago. They made us jump through hoops, sell off the 17 nubile virgins that i had lined up for a private party and removed my left ball then turned around and told me they couldn't lend me $10,000 to start a business because - get this - i was not employed by anyone.

I'm going "i know, i am starting my own business" and they're going "the rules say you need a certain level of income and without that we can't give you the loan". I can't get any income without starting the business, i need the money to start the business ... Then i am earning an income ... Yes, you and i can see it, but they couldn't - or wouldn't.

Stuffing idiots. I went to advance bank, got that and a whole lot more. Made $250k several years in a row after that and won't touch the commonwhore bank with a barge pole these days.

There's one good thing in all of this. At least i now know the idiot factory hasn't changed. If there's one thing you can rely on staying the same, it's the collective iq points at the commonwhore bank. You won't need your other hand to count with.

i agree,moron city in the commonwealth

Got all my loans with commbank, don't pay account fees. Get regular calls to make sure all is well. Exteneded my mortage to buy navara and do renos both by phone and online. When i call i always get a person with english as first language. Service has always been top notch for me.

Maybe your a little vexed because you tried to do the dodgy and it didn't work.

Like Tony I went to the CBA for a business loan about 20 years ago, I wanted $12K to start up my first business and went through all the crap that said I qualified, got through to the sit down with the manager and was told that with no previous business experience the loan wasn't going to happen unless I did a business diploma and came up with a professional business plan. I did all this (although not just because they wanted me to I did it for myself mainly) and was then told the business plan was not good enough because it used "projected" figures....well der that's all a business plan for a new business can bloody use.

In the end I borrowed the money elsewhere, moved all my banking to a CU and paid the loan off in 2 months. Within 3 years the business was self sufficient and financed my current businesses when they were started. So I suppose looking at it that way the CBA were right in knocking me back, the minuscule amount of interest they would have made from me in 2 months wasn't worth the effort, although my current bank is probably thankful for the business I've given them since that time.

All the big banks are sh*t.

I don't know how you can say that.

"We only made $3.6billion last quarter, so we have to put our fees up! We're going to have to make people pay a small processing fee for processing each transaction and that includes the payment transaction of the fee for processing the transaction.

To our shareholders: we got them by the short and curlies guys, now we're making them pay fees on the fees we charge 'em, woohoo!"

What's great is all the keyword-based bank ads that pop up on this page :sarcastic:

Just like when we're bagging Great Walls, a Great Wall ad appears.

Lets not forget the lovely over draw fees they charge people when it's a screw up by one of their staff.

A friends company has several very large accounts with the CBA (apparently it's easier than changing), the main account gets a large payment every week and that is then farmed into the other accounts. For some reason 18 months ago some idiot at the bank decides to authorise the farming on Friday instead of Monday when it was due which over drew the account. Despite being a customer for over 30 years and having a massive portfolio and a line of credit that most of us could only dream of the bank still slugged them a fine for over drawing. Took them 6 weeks to sort of the error was made by the bank and that maybe the fine wasn't required to be paid.

Anyone would think that these bastards are actually doing us a favour with the hardship they have to endure because of us.

What's great is all the keyword-based bank ads that pop up on this page :sarcastic:

Just like when we're bagging Great Walls, a Great Wall ad appears.

We probably ought to be thankful we are all civilised people, imagine some of the keywords results if words weren't censored or held back :big_smile:

Got all my loans with commbank, don't pay account fees. Get regular calls to make sure all is well. Exteneded my mortage to buy navara and do renos both by phone and online. When i call i always get a person with english as first language. Service has always been top notch for me.

Maybe your a little vexed because you tried to do the dodgy and it didn't work.

i dont know what u mean " i tried a dodgy" there was nothing dodgy at all..i went in with a card and pin number that my son gave to me to get money for him,with his full approval......whats DODGY about that?

Not trying to be a prick, just look from bank point of view.

From your own admission you went into a bank with a card in someone elses name with a pin number that isn't yours. If i was a bank i'd consider that dodgy, they don't know you have permission.

I would have transfered the money from him to you and got it from your own account in your own name with your own pin/signature.

Last edited:
i got another story about commonwealth banks.....TRUE
Years ago my daughter went in to the bank to ask for a statement of HER own account as she needed it for part of her ID to get her learners permit.
The only other ID she had was her school ID as at that age they dont have any other legal documents etc....Once again the morons wouldnt giver her the statement,they wanted more ID.....you cant give them more ID when you dont have any...
She wasnt asking for MONEY,just a statement......she called me,and i went in and tore strips of them in front of other customers.. total fkwts

Latest posts

Back