Cleaning the Intercooling

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aus_Karlos

Reaction score
Hey guys just got a quick question.. The Navara's are notorious in having heavly saturated blow-by gases, causing them to collect in the intercooler.. Now ive fitted a catch can a while back but i'd like to clean the intercooler out.
1) Is it worth the trouble of dismounting it.
2) What would you use to clean it out.

How many km's you done ?

Genuine Nissan intercoolers are shit, if it starts leaking. Replace it with a better aftermarket unit.

Just use a solvent that will not harm diesel and let most of it evaporate. Unleaded petrol comes to mind!

You could use metho, but unleaded is a good enough solvent and a small amount won't harm diesel - in fact there are widgets out there that inject a small amount of unleaded fuel into the engine to change the combustion characteristics of the fuel to provide more power. A tiny bit of residue will not be a problem - but do try to get most of it out.

But as Dave says, the factory intercoolers aren't the best. Been several top-mounts that have busted their seams.

can anyone recomend a top mount replacement brand that will just bolt straight on i was thinhing of cleaning mine to but maybe just replace with aftermarket job mine is a 09 d22 2.5 cr

Thanks guys for the info... Down the track i am looking for an aftermarket intercooler (of similar size). The current intercooler tends to leak on the same side the turbo sits on.. You notice it due to the oily sludge.
I have some unleaded in a jerry so i'll give the intercooler a whirl..

Latest posts

Back