Chipit Chip module

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s14 panda

Reaction score
Hi, a mate of mine has a 2nd hand chipit chip module that he had in his D22 2.5CR Navara which was completely stock apart from the chip module. He is going to give it to me for 1/5 of the price of a DP Chip and i was wondering if anyone has fitted one of these? Also is it just plug and play? Is it safe to put straight on considering i have a 3 inch exhaust and a snorkel? I know the Chipit business isn't around anymore but is there anyone in SA that can have a look at it for me or someone on the forum that can guide me in the right direction? Any help would be great, on the module it has a sticker on the back saying: Folder-2, Loaded-Tune 4, F/W Ver:2.02.

Thanks!

I've had one for nearly four years running 19psi boost and a few other mods. No concerns at all provided you don't run the tune too high. It is a simple plug n play, the tune on the unit is the factory setting your mate may have changed that. If you get it fit it as high as possible with the opening of the waterproof bag facing down. Chipit is now called Chip Tuning and is based in Sydney, there is plenty of threads if you have a search.
Cheers

I bought a Chip It module second hand for $300 and ran it for a few months until it died on me and started giving me memory errors when loading tunes. When I first had it I ran it on Tune 4 and 5 mostly and you notice the increase in power. But you really see the increase when you have it properly tuned on a dyno. Torque n Tune up at Caloundra does them if you where in SE QLD but i'm sure you might be able to find someone local to you.

If it has the tuning cable with it and you have a laptop the software and maps have been shared around these forums before.

On a side note I just got an ECU remap done yesterday to replace the chip and it's better then the chip ever was. Different car to drive now.

Last edited:
I'm suprised my chip has lasted so long, when it shits itself I'll go down the remap road. Whilst it's going so well I'm not going to touch it, best with any of these chips and maps if you learn to work the torque. A stocker needs more rev's to get going, the chip works better in the lower and midrange before the turbo runs out of puff at 3200, so you learn to change a bit lower and quicker than before. Standard 22 intercooler is crap too, mine got that hot on the third dyno run even with a fan and water mist we had to wait a while for it to cool while doing the tuning.

Back