chip problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fos84

Reaction score
hi i've recently got my nav and looking to install a chip, my old man works at nissan and is dead against me installing one, he tells me they are nothing but trouble, they are constantly fixing blown turbos and bla bla bla, i just wanted to know if people have had ligit problems or nothing but praise
cheers

What engine you got ?

I run a UniChip on mine, usually just leave it on the economy setting though.

Blown turbo's are usually from not letting them cool down before shut down.

Enjoy the forum.

Turbo timer and boost gauge is a must with chip. More so EGT (pyro gauge)

egt gauge is the main one you need when chipping. your increasing the fuel which increases the heat which melts the pistons.
i would spend a few $$$ on keeping egt temps down. ie improving intercooler, big exhaust.
boost gauges are cheap and good to have.

i don't really see the point of wasting $$$ on turbo timers. better of to use the EGT gauge as a guide as to when to turn off motor, or use a cheap high temp gauge and fit the sensor on the turbo.

cheers tweak'e, so is there any dump pipe in particular to look for, in regards for a thread for a probe for the heat sensor?

not sure whats on the market at the mo.
if at all possible an EGT sensor before the turbo is better. but it usually means drilling and taping the exhaust manifold.

Latest posts

Back