Check engine light

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

JuliaRed

Reaction score
Hello, I have a problem with my Nissan Navara Np 300 (2.3 diesel engine - 2017). Last week the check engine light came on, so I took it to the Nissan service and they replaced the NOX sensor (the one in the back of the car), the car was fine for 100 km drive and then the stupid light went on again. So I took it back to service but they are not able to tell me now what is wrong with the car. If any of you had this issue, please give me some info. Tnx!

[email protected]

Reaction score
.....if it doesnt go into limp mode perhaps it may not be serious....these problems can be hit and miss dont know what i will do when my np300 starts doing that... with my old cars i replaced the sensors that the diagnostics suggested were faulty on both my commodores i drove one for 70000ks with engine still light on, fuel consumption was ok ran correct temp. second one , replaced 3 sensors which were supposed to be faulty ,now has been running for 30000 klms with check engine light running fine .. tried removing warnings with diagnostic tool, keeps reappearing
both never went back to mechanics ,been told by them not guaranteed that they can solve the problem cheaply

tweak'e

Staff member
Reaction score
you need to get the codes, which is the first thing they will look for.

i'm taking a guess your not downunder because i do not think ours have nox sensors.

Old.Tony

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Getting the codes is the key. If the CEL is lit, there's a code. Quickest way is to take it to a mechanic (a real one, not a dealership one) and have them throw their scanner on the OBD port for you. They might charge you a few shekels for doing it, but it's fast and guaranteed to get the info.

The info may not be very good though. If the Nissan dealer diagnosed a fault in the O2 sensor it might have been something else, like a poor battery connection or bad earth to the exhaust. You could try cleaning the battery terminals and seeing if that helps.

Latest posts