Check engine light

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuliaRed

Reaction score
Hello, I have a problem with my Nissan Navara Np 300 (2.3 diesel engine - 2017). Last week the check engine light came on, so I took it to the Nissan service and they replaced the NOX sensor (the one in the back of the car), the car was fine for 100 km drive and then the stupid light went on again. So I took it back to service but they are not able to tell me now what is wrong with the car. If any of you had this issue, please give me some info. Tnx!

.....if it doesnt go into limp mode perhaps it may not be serious....these problems can be hit and miss dont know what i will do when my np300 starts doing that... with my old cars i replaced the sensors that the diagnostics suggested were faulty on both my commodores i drove one for 70000ks with engine still light on, fuel consumption was ok ran correct temp. second one , replaced 3 sensors which were supposed to be faulty ,now has been running for 30000 klms with check engine light running fine .. tried removing warnings with diagnostic tool, keeps reappearing
both never went back to mechanics ,been told by them not guaranteed that they can solve the problem cheaply

you need to get the codes, which is the first thing they will look for.

i'm taking a guess your not downunder because i do not think ours have nox sensors.

Getting the codes is the key. If the CEL is lit, there's a code. Quickest way is to take it to a mechanic (a real one, not a dealership one) and have them throw their scanner on the OBD port for you. They might charge you a few shekels for doing it, but it's fast and guaranteed to get the info.

The info may not be very good though. If the Nissan dealer diagnosed a fault in the O2 sensor it might have been something else, like a poor battery connection or bad earth to the exhaust. You could try cleaning the battery terminals and seeing if that helps.

Getting the codes is the key. If the CEL is lit, there's a code. Quickest way is to take it to a mechanic (a real one, not a dealership one) and have them throw their scanner on the OBD port for you. They might charge you a few shekels for doing it, but it's fast and guaranteed to get the info.

The info may not be very good though. If the Nissan dealer diagnosed a fault in the O2 sensor it might have been something else, like a poor battery connection or bad earth to the exhaust. You could try cleaning the battery terminals and seeing if that helps.

I have a orange engine light on came on a week ago .Had it checked at garage no code showing up.taken battery leads off to see if it would reset no luck .Any ideas would be appreciated

Had it checked at garage no codes showing .Taken battery off cleaned and refit 1 hr later engine light still on

highly unusual for engine light to be on and no code.
either their reader does not work with this engine, or possibly its not the engine light. got a pic of the engine light?

Hi my engine light is on, been to the dealers and the Rac called but no codes recorded? . The Rac man could reset the light but it comes back on ever third crack of the engine. He said he has no idea at all, ive driven the truck for 3000 miles it drives fine but a MOT FAIL. Help.

Hi my engine light is on, been to the dealers and the Rac called but no codes recorded? . The Rac man could reset the light but it comes back on ever third crack of the engine. He said he has no idea at all, ive driven the truck for 3000 miles it drives fine but a MOT FAIL. Help.
find someone with a better code reader or take it to nissan.
possibly do it yourself but i'm not sure on the procedure on these.

CEL annoys me a little these days, on the newer cars it is almost always emissions related and not an actual detrimental fault with the car.

In all honesty, get a cheap ELM327 ODB dongle, get the torque app for a few buck on your phone.. clear the CEL and then go and get your MOT / Pink Slip.

if all that fails (this is what I would do, each person is different) - pull the globe / black electrical tape it from inside the dash. Pass inspection then sort out the issue when you get back.

I know a lot won't agree with me, but as I said, lately all the CEL's I've dealt with almost always have to do with something annoying like the EGR spitting an error.

highly unusual for engine light to be on and no code.
either their reader does not work with this engine, or possibly its not the engine light. got a pic of the engine light?
I know this is an old post but i had this issue with my 2017 navara.
Engine light on but no code.
The code was ther but it wasnt on the ecu. He had to go in2 thw addblue menu and the code was ther.
Code was in relation to the addblue moduele. But i had a failed nox sensor. This made sence as the addblue moduele wont work properly without a noxsensor.
We could see it waa broke from the live data as it wasnt reading.

Latest posts

Back