Cheap working obd scanners

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bringthenav

Reaction score
Hi folks,
Can people send me some model numbers/links to obd-obd2 or whatever scanners work for a Navara D40 Spain 2007 model please?

I'm talking at this stage very cheap $20-30-40 ebay type ones.

They can be corded or phone app controlled.

They only need to work, read codes and preferably clear codes also.

I'm also keen on info... For more expensive $30-200 ones that work for later date in time, or this time 😅

Some links to hud display ones that i can mount and see the data in real time while i drive around on a nice looking colour display showing various stats and projecting a hud could be nice to know whats going on whilst driving about at all times.

I see various models of this on ebay and some are cheap, some are more pricey, some have app control v Bluetooth or wifi and can read and clear various codes also

Anyone had these hooked up using these successfully in their Navaras on the fly while driving about?

I have a cheap OBD2 scanner (not the plug in type like Tony has linked, but a hand-held scanner) I wouldn't buy another one. It will tell me if there are multiple codes stored, but it'll only ever show me one of the codes.

I've cleared the codes & as soon as the CEL comes back on, I've rechecked & it only shows me the same one it showed me before. This leads me to think it's only showing the 1st fault it picks up.

I use a bluetooth OBD-II ELM327 adapter and an Android app on my phone called 'Torque'. Something like this ought to do fine:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3944983...MQpbJ8JghFb4Xwp2k%3D|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2047675
Agree with Tony, I have a similar ELM327 dongle and use Torque,

I also have a handheld unit which is a bit more in-depth made by Anceltech. It was about $130 from Amazon.. Although I needed that for other cars and specific functions that Torque couldn't do such as injector / battery programming etc.

Some links to hud display ones that i can mount and see the data in real time while i drive around on a nice looking colour display showing various stats and projecting a hud could be nice to know whats going on whilst driving about at all times.

I see various models of this on ebay and some are cheap, some are more pricey, some have app control v Bluetooth or wifi and can read and clear various codes also

Anyone had these hooked up using these successfully in their Navaras on the fly while driving about?
Not the most elegant of solutions, but you can buy a HUD display for a phone. (Getting the data on your phone using the elm 327 and Torque app)

Latest posts

Back