centrallocking

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skidmark

Reaction score
I have aNavara D40 that won't lock or unlock, i have changed the battery in the key phob, still no joy any idease,
cheers

There's a number of possibilities. Assuming it's compatible with my 2009 Spaniard (VIN starts with VSK):

1) The fuse is blown. Open the glove box. There's a small panel in the left side, put your finger in the opening and pull towards the rear of the car. On the left side (should be, in Australia) is a column of fuses that go top to bottom with no gaps except two at the bottom. The 6th fuse from the top is "DOOR LOCK". Check it.

2) The keyfob signal isn't being recognised by the car. That's normally a security device so that someone else's fob won't open your car. If the key operation doesn't cause the hazard lights to flash, this may well be the cause. If the hazard lights flash, move to 4.

3) Door switch indicating open. It should show a red light that looks like an open car door in your dash. If this is the case, work out which door. We had a car that I replaced the switch in and it didn't work, because the door itself must have moved slightly and the switch was just short enough to prevent the door from closing the switch. Check these. I added a small self-adhesive rubber pad to the door frame to fix mine.

4) Door lock(s) not moving the cables. It's happened, some of the connector is made of plastic. If you can hear the solenoid in the door trying to do it but not making any progress, this may be it. You may need to remove the door inner and check the clamps and connectors on the door wires.

5) Door lock solenoids not working. Check the output of the BCM on terminals 2, 19, 23, 114 and 116 compared to ground. If there's power here, maybe the earth to the doors (start with driver door) isn't adequate.

6) If there's no response, no flashing, no sound from the doors and the door open light in the dash is doing the expected thing with door opening, The keyfob ID code might not be accepted by the car. It's usually the dealer that has to use a Consult device to register a keyfob. I don't know of any way of doing it by pressing buttons or anything inside the car.

I think i have narrowed the problem down to the drivers door , before this problem acured it made a strange noise when locking, but even as it wont lock it still seams to unlock!

Sounds like the clamp has come loose that links two rods together. One rod is attached to the actuator that is activated when you press the remote. The other rod is linked to the drivers door lock which then activates other door locks.

i have found out if i lock the doors with the cenral locking button below the dash, it locks and unlocks the doors, and the key phob will unlock the doors, but wont lock, i have replaced the batteries in the the key phobs but still no luck

Getting no reaction from the key phobe now, does that mean they need reprograming, they have new batteries?

I had a similar problem the other day...but I don't have a definitive answer for you.

I went to the ute & started it to let it warm up.
Went back out 10 mins later and it had locked itself. Completely.
Engine running with key in ignition and all doors locked.
So...no worries I thought....I'll grab the spare key.
Can't find the spare key. Anywhere. Turned house & garage upside down.
(spare key turned up some days later....but that's another story)

So called local locksmith/security guru's. They came round about 30 mins later.
He used an inflatable door frame expander to peel the drivers door frame back enough to hit a window switch with a prong.
Call out fee? $125.00 (son-of-a !!!)

Nav hasn't done anything strange since....but I have no idea why it did that.
And now I'm conscious of leaving it unlocked with the keys in it....which is a pain.

Speaking to the security bloke he said lots of cars do it, often, and they don't know why.
Reckons the euro cars are the most common for "auto locking". And they're the hardest to break into.

Latest posts

Back