Central Locking

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VB69

Reaction score
G’Day all. I have a 2012 D22 Nav with the factory remote control to operate the central locking. Recently the actual central locking has stopped locking even though the light on the remote flashes as do the blinkers on the car, meaning the signal is getting to the car. I can hear the actuator moving in drivers door but not enough to lock the doors yet it will unlock most times with the remote. All doors lock/unlock when using the key in the drivers door.

I wonder if the servo on the drivers' door is no longer firmly attached to the mechanism? The door lock lever will still work because it's directly linked to the lock at the back of the door, but the solenoid has an arm that is clamped onto that door lever's mechanism. If the clamp's loose, it'll not push the mechanism far enough to work properly.

Same thing happened to my 2013 D22 last year, the mechanism in the drivers door that makes it all work was loose and sliding up and down rather than moving the actuator, its held by a 'U" clamp and the nuts were loose, if your handy take the door panel off, peel back the plastic (but make sure you put it back) and the mechanism can be see, pretty sure there are other posts on here about it or if you google it you should even find a video

Thanks guys. This is what I thought as I had a similar issues with my old Mazda. I took door trim off but the actuator is buried inside the door behind the metal I can’t see the rods operating from it. So I thought I’d ask the question via the post before I went ahead and dismantled any further. I’ll search for the videos and other posts. Cheers again.

Latest posts

Back