Capped price servicing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Nissan be allowed to increace capped price servicing

• Yes

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • No

Votes: 29 90.6%

• Total voters

santa

Reaction score
Hi all
Just a question about Nissans Capped price servicing.
I had my car serviced this week and the price charged was NOT as they told me when I brought the Navara last October.
When I spoke to the service manager about this he said that Nissan had increased the charges and there was nothing he could do about it.

In my humble opinion when something is advertised to be capped price , the price should be CAPPED.
What have others experienced.

I have given up on Nissan servicing my wagon.... if it is not on their little sheet, they dont check or change it - and that is just not the go as far as I am concerned.

The capped prices are listed on the Nissan web site. Have a look and see if they have changed or if the dealer is pulling your chain...

The price $260 on there web site is the price my dealer charged.
The price that I was givern when I brought the Nav was $250

The service Manager told me that Nissan will be increasing the Capped price service about every 6 Months.

Haw can that be capped price ????

At the bottom of the sheet it says subject to change, and varies from dealer to dealer. You will not be charged more then what's listed at time of service

Mike
What you say is all correct, BUT a lot of Nissans advertising does not have that disclaimer.
I even received an advertising leaflet in the post, on the day I had my car serviced, setting out capped price servicing, which did NOT have the disclaimer.

One of the reasons I got this car was because of the capped servicing , I even purchased a 6 year extended warranty to take advantage of this.

You could always take it to someone else?
I took the Mrs new pulsar to a mate, he came out $10 cheaper then the capped price (I never told him the capped price)

As long as you get your vehicle serviced by a licensed mechanic, no manufacturer can refuse warranty. The only time they could refuse warranty is of they were able to prove that the non Nissan technician was directly responsible for the defect.

What baffles me is the charge 260 for a oil and filter change. If I can buy the parts for half that they are certainly paying a lot less. Their hourly rate must be through the roof. I also don't get how they change air filter every 40k when everyone else does it at 10k. That's why I won't take my nav to nissan prefer to do it myself or pay a shop. Ultra Tune charge about 150 I was told.

reminds me of when Nissan tried to charge me $44 for a wheel alignment check on top of there capped price service
I said I didn't ask for one and where is the wheel alignment machine ? there was none visible
ooh no sir we don't use a machine... see those 2 marks on the cement over there.... we position the car over the marks and take a pic then a computer program tells us if you need a wheel alignment..

What baffles me is the charge 260 for a oil and filter change. If I can buy the parts for half that they are certainly paying a lot less. Their hourly rate must be through the roof. I also don't get how they change air filter every 40k when everyone else does it at 10k. That's why I won't take my nav to nissan prefer to do it myself or pay a shop. Ultra Tune charge about 150 I was told.

Last I checked to buy two 5L of full synthetic oil was $92 odd bucks each, plus filter, plus the pain in the arse spot the filters in lol!
That's Nissan prices though....

Oh and my local wanted $160 an hour to fit extended brake lines (3 hours to do the job)

Mike give western filters in Blacktown a call. Their fairly cheap with oil better then supercheap and Bursons

Mike give western filters in Blacktown a call. Their fairly cheap with oil better then supercheap and Bursons

Will do, that was the price Nissan gave me when I did my first service, I like to use genuine so there's one less thing for them to complain about if something goes wrong.
After doing one oil change I decided to pay someone to do it, the filter is in the worst spot and I'm not a little person, I have no patience for that anymore hahaha

You need to be wary of advertised service prices, are they just for the labour + parts and fluids? OR all inclusive?
Plenty of businesses are using that trick of just the labour price and then they add on the parts and fluids, environment charge and misc workshop charge...

Well I went to the stealership yesterday for my 10k service - will probably be the last time Nissan get their grubby hands on it (only reason I went to them was I heard that they reflashed the ECU with a standard tune at the 10k service, not sure if its true or not)
Anyway after I asked them to check a couple of things and the service was done they proceeded to try and charge me $308 dollars.
I pulled them up and said the cap price is supposed to be $262, their reply was "But yours needs the more expensive low ash oil" and I said there is no DPF on my vehicle. After a call to the "technician" and the manager all was resolved and final charge was $254.95
You gotta wonder how many people they catch out with this type of thing...

I got them to check why there was a bit of oil being blown out of the join between the turbo noise baffle and the hot pipe to the intercooler (which they replaced under warranty) there is definitely a noticeable difference in boost now but I can still twist the join (and the one at the intercooler) easily by hand - doesn't seem right to me, though I know there is an O-ring type seal in there but is it (Nissan) normal for it to twist so easily?

Looks like Forefront will be getting a call soon for a catchcan and hotpipe upgrade :big_smile:

Attachments

• IMG_0388.JPG
    IMG_0388.JPG
    197.5 KB · Views: 52

Latest posts

Back