Calmini Upper Control Arms

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shimoneous

Reaction score
Hey all,

So I finally bit the bullet and purchased a set of the calmini UCAs from the states a bit over a month ago.

After waiting a few weeks and not recieving a tracking number I sent an email to see if I could find out where they were, I then recieved an email saying they stuffed up the inventory system and were pushing through an order quickly for me...

So I finally received them today, except.. they look like this..

29qmbrp.jpg

Is this a design change? Or fault? As the ones on the website look different, and the ones i've seen on here look different also...

The part number I ordered was the NP12637 as he said this was the UCA's to suit my vehicle. After telling him it was an Australian 2005 D22.

Thanks in advance.

these are snake raceing ones,look the same.they use d21 ball joints i believe

Hey Shimoneous, not sure if theyre the right ones or not. How much did it cost you to all up? I believe they are $750 to buy in Aus. thinking of getting a set at some stage.

Thanks for all the quick replies,

They are Calmini ones, directly from the USA, they were $540USD (includes shipping).

They're from http://www.purenissan.com/d22_control_arms.htm and are the part no. NP12637.

I know they look VERY similar, but as you can see where that flat bracing section is on the ones I got in the middle of the arm, it is like a U shape with a big flat in the centre, whereas the ones on their site (and exactly the same as the Snake Racing ones), have a "cut out" section for where the shock goes.

I'll do some sick paint editing to show you exactly what I mean ;)

Mine
jfhv9j.jpg

Calmini site, and the same as the Snake Racing;
hteazc.jpg

I know it probably isn't going to make any difference, just don't wanna go pulling my car apart to realise they're the wrong ones.. also, was planning on painting them black before fitting them...

at a guess mate all they have done is cut down on materials and decided it didnt need the extra thickness it has on that 1 side,if its still got room for the bump stop to hit i wouldnt worry,they may have even done it to allow for bigger shocks to fit that might be on the market.also its quet a straight foward job and doesnt require to much time if you have a fairly good mechenical ability.i dought that you are but if your near townsville i can give you a hand.

much better design, i had to modify mine so the didnt hit the shock, you wont have to do this with the new design.

Hey all,

Thanks for the replies, looking forward to getting them on this weekend now.

Will be interesting to see how much lift they give in the front end :)

Hey Shim. Which part number is your kit mate? Is it NP12630 ? I emailed them, and they're a tad confused as to what to send out to me for me 2010 STR.

Back