Calmini HD control arms - anyone interested in a bulk buy?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stronger. increased wheel down travel and the ability to wind up higher if that's your wish. They are what creates the 3" lift kit. The longer arms do enable an easier alignment - or so I'm told -and that is one of the reasons I want them - plus the added strength and down travel.

See that's what I thought before speaking to Snake Racing. They told me I won't receive any more wheel down travel, to get that I need to wind up the torsion bars in combo with the upper control arms and then install tough dog shocks, apparently my EFS shocks won't have a long enough stroke...... Sounded to me like they were just trying to sell me as much gear as possible.

Your EFS shocks will have enough distance in them to give more down travel. they are simply for making it easier to align the wheels and for ppl that want to get and extra inch in height. it also gives more space between the bump stops.

Your EFS shocks will have enough distance in them to give more down travel. they are simply for making it easier to align the wheels and for ppl that want to get and extra inch in height. it also gives more space between the bump stops.

Cheers mate, pretty much what I originally thought.

What I also meant to add is - if blokes are going to get these upper arms to get more height than they have with already wound up arms, and intend to wind their bars up further, they will need to do something to the rear - the Calmini Kit (aka Snake Racing kit) which is sold as the 3" lift kit comes with extended shackles for the rear (and they are illegal in many states - certainly in Vic)

Have a look at the Calmini site and Snake Racing site to see what is available.

calmini

Snake Racing online store Australia - Shop for Trick Off Road Componentry for your 4x4, 4WD vehicle

I do not intend to wind the bars up any further - I'm happy with the height I have (until I get bored and want 33's :big_smile:)

Snake Racing are correct to some extent - and that is that winding up the bars does cause tyres to wear more than they usually would and alignment is more difficult, in some instances, and sometimes needs to go outside the factory specs - which is an issue I have.

Now for the disclaimer - I am no expert and am only basing my comments on stuff I have read or picked up, and I trust my mechanics!

Last edited:
Ok, so looks like we have 6 people interested, possibly 7. Navara09 do you reckon you could give your mate a call and see what he can do? If he requires more sets to be purchased in bulk to get a price drop we could see if there are any more takers (which they may be once you get prices).

I will have to give him a call tonight. but i can do that. and i will let you know what he does with the fright and all that.

I am interested depending on price of course. Once a price is sorted If you can pm that would be awesome.

Found out a price from my mate. it works out more expensive because of all the import duties, gst and customs fees. the final price would be 654 a set. so cheaper to buy individually

Found out a price from my mate. it works out more expensive because of all the import duties, gst and customs fees. the final price would be 654 a set. so cheaper to buy individually

Cheers for looking into it mate.

Don't mean to hi-jack a thread but I noticed this thread last week after trying to source a set for myself. I then spoke to docp1980 who said his are on back order for an unknown amount of time... I've posted a thread under parts & accessories for sale, if we get 10 people I can get a set of an Australian company for $600 delivered to a Gold Coast address. They have plenty in stock!

Latest posts

Back