Buy a nissan they said!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad she's OK.

I think the (front) airbags only trigger if YOU hit something. If you are rear-ended you get thumped in the back by your seat, rather than flung into the steering wheel - you are being accelerated rather than decelerated....

Nearly all new cars air bags are operated by an inertia or motion sensor, where are they are triggered by a sudden change in speed. This will set of the air bag no matter which direction of impact. The old crush can's are out dated no longer used, maybe still in very cheap cars.

P.S Good to know she's ok.

Last edited:
Nearly all new cars air bags are operated by an inertia or motion sensor, where are they are triggered by a sudden change in speed. This will set of the air bag no matter which direction of impact. The old crush can's are out dated no longer used, maybe still in very cheap cars.

P.S Good to know she's ok.

I think you'll find they are still only programmed to go off when they will provide a benefit. That is, front airbags will not deploy in a rear impact, then allowing them to be delayed in a secondary impact if required.

So final update.

We bought the car new two years ago for 22000.
The assessor came up with 13270,
Bloody ridiculous how much value cars loose.

After finance etc was paid out we came out with a touch over 7k
To buy another car :/

All I'm going to say is GET A LOAN CAR AND AN AGREED value on everything!!!

Also highly recommend DGA insurance brokers. Whom sorted everything and yelled at the insurance mob daily to get the ball rolling (4weeks in total they took) apparently Canberra, is a 'rural' town and required the assessment to be outsourced to another company as it was too far from a cbd?

Latest posts

Back