Building Canvas Canopy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gday Rappa, ive done the same as fatboy same idea ive used another sports bar which fits tub profile nice then had flat aluminium folded to sports bar profile to form curve used same guy as FB for canvas , i used the existing tonneau cover track at front to slide canvas into to create extra seal at front also used existing tonneau bungee fixings on side, pretty happy with outcome no leaks also have new rhino rack mounted up through my bars, good luck with it all.

Gday Rappa, ive done the same as fatboy same idea ive used another sports bar which fits tub profile nice then had flat aluminium folded to sports bar profile to form curve used same guy as FB for canvas , i used the existing tonneau cover track at front to slide canvas into to create extra seal at front also used existing tonneau bungee fixings on side, pretty happy with outcome no leaks also have new rhino rack mounted up through my bars, good luck with it all.

I didn't use ace in the end Webby. My mate/neighbour did it for me :)

Case84's is still the best i have seen. I will be using a very similar design when/if i do mine. heres some pics of his. All the photos can be found on here, most are under the for sale section when he sold the canopy.

Pete

Feelin the love hahaha it was a good canopy

Cheers mate, plenty more to come still,
33's go on this Saturday rooftop tent gets ordered on Friday.

Did you want it lockable? I've done mine with two sets of sports bars and had joining arms made.
Turned out great!
View attachment 8761

Fatboy89 and chance of seeing some photos of your frame without the canvas on? I like the idea of two sport bars as it removes the need for pipe bending and they are already at a shape that works with the Navara cabs "lines"

Also, is a frame made up of two sport bars strong enough to hold a roof tent?

Fatboy89 and chance of seeing some photos of your frame without the canvas on? I like the idea of two sport bars as it removes the need for pipe bending and they are already at a shape that works with the Navara cabs "lines"

Also, is a frame made up of two sport bars strong enough to hold a roof tent?

This is the best I could find. I'm to lazy to go outside now haha. I have custom fitted a roof rack to mine and it holds my tent no worries at all.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352719358.143670.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352719427.209105.jpg

Cheers FB, thanks for the quick reply......very interesting. I suspect I might be tracking down a second hand sport bar in the near future.......eBay is your friend

Are the cross pieces between the front and back bars custom made or off the shelf things I can track down?

Last edited:
Back