Broken down

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigblue

Reaction score
Hey was just wondering if anyone would know what could be causing my problem.
I was driving and my car lost power and was blowing tons of white smoke out of the exhaust no won’t rev pass 1k without stalling cheers for any help

It sounds like you're in "limp mode" but there's no point in guessing. You need to read, or have someone else read, the error code(s), then work from there. For many vehicles, the error codes can be read out via the dash lights but I don't know if that's possible with a Navara or what the procedure might be.

Code readers can be purchased in numerous places and needn't cost too much either. In general, the simplest approach is to get a Bluetooth OBDII adapter and install the "Torque" app, or similar, on your phone or tablet. Normally I'd suggest eBay but if you need it quick (and nothing is going to be delivered quickly at this time of year) you should look at places like Autobarn, Supercheap, etc., although they will charge more for the same items.

suffocating on its own fumes , depending on model could be egr valve get a code read i thing super cheap can do a read for you or as suggested above buy a cheap obd11 wireless dont get one with a cable to attach to your laptop i found it to hard to work out which port to open... punch in your model on youtube and see if you can do a dash code read out

It could also be the DPF doing a regen, or an injector has some crap on it. Hard to tell without knowing a little more detail. The answer to the following questions will help:

1) Is your car an auto?

2) What year model?

3) Does the smoke start straight away or is there a small delay (example: until the engine warms up) before it starts?

4) Have you tried putting a bottle of injector cleaner in the tank?

Let's see if we can narrow things down a little. It's always difficult trying to diagnose problems in text!

It could also be the DPF doing a regen, or an injector has some crap on it. Hard to tell without knowing a little more detail. The answer to the following questions will help:

1) Is your car an auto?

2) What year model?

3) Does the smoke start straight away or is there a small delay (example: until the engine warms up) before it starts?

4) Have you tried putting a bottle of injector cleaner in the tank?

Let's see if we can narrow things down a little. It's always difficult trying to diagnose problems in text!

Hey mate it’s a 2008 manual Spain built smoke starts when tryna accelerate can accelerate now but real rough I’ll see if the injector cleaner does anything

Ok it won't be a DPF, it must be injector/pump/control related.

Injector cleaner may help either injector or pump (or SCV), won't hurt the engine and shouldn't set you back more than $20. It's a good start. Failing that, it might be things like the MAFS sensor needing a clean, or the boost sensor, or there's a problem with EGR (you can block the 2008's EGR without worrying about sensors).

Let's see how the cleaner goes first.

white smoke is typically oil down the exhaust or timing way out.
ie timing chain slipped (known issue).
or blown turbo, hole in piston, broken valve etc.
can also be failed injector.

lack of ability to rev indicates something major.
firs thing i would be doing is inspecting timing marks. if its chain failing and you keep driving it, it may destroy it.

egr stuck open typically makes black smoke. oil into the intake tends to make blue/black smoke and engine tends to run on.

Latest posts

Back