Brisbane random chat

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry mate friday is out for me unfortunately. I will get Arze to give you a call ray I'm sure there are some new toys they need! . I've checked my roster, I'm home the weekend of the 3rd and 4th dec if we want to organize a drive up the beach. I'm still keen to hit the beach using the firebreak ( kings bore track) onto double island.

Last edited:
I would love to go for a trip. Would have to be away from the beach for me to come though.
Cannot wait to try the new turbo off road

Yeah I've only had mine on the beach a few times but I spend the next few days cleaning it. There is Charlie Moreland out the back of the sunny coast heaps of 4wd tracks to discover, awesome camping grounds. I'm sure others have some other great spots for a overnighter... See if we can organize something!

I'm just wondering if anyone is keen for a drive this Sunday? Just thought I would throw it out ther to see what people are up too?

looks like my sunday plans just got cancelled so im free for a run if your still keen

Sorry Bryce wasn't being rude and responding. I ended up out at work.... Make some extra cash. Hopefully get a drive in on the 3/4 th of dec.

Yeah i ended up just heading out to mt mee for lunch. saw 8 of thoes new FJ cruisers, still not sure if i like them or not.

I'd love to come for a drive 3rd/4th but will be out of town. It's looking like i wont even get out till after new years at the rate my weekends are filling up.

Yeah mate all the hard tracks have been closed since Jan this year and the slightly challenging tracks are there but need to be looked for.

There is a bit of work going on out there on the main tracks and you could do 90%of it in 2wd with a bit of thought and not being in a hurry. Not sure if they are going to do anything to the other tracks or just leave them closed.

Scenery is great with a good lookout to summerset dam. Its worth going out for a look but dont go there expecting a day of 4wding.

i will post this day out in here as i am thinking there are gonna be alot of threads with Ripley written on it soon.

My brother who has a patrol dropped in to my house sarvo and told me he is keen for a 4wd day out at Ripley(was the first thing that came from his mouth), but he did state anywhere would be good. So we are hoping to hit the Ripley or other track this wknd on the Saturday morning leading into lunch again which will be byo lunch. there is no definite yes so far as we ave to check schedules with the finance ministers. If it is this saturday the 3rd we will already have about 4 of us going but was throwing it as an open invitation for those that wish to come join us. i will be teaching my wife to drive the nav in 4wd and through obstacles so i would like a good base to teach her so Ripley was my first option, but i havent been to any other locations yet.

So if you wish to come join us let me know. Either pm me or throw you name on here.

my new bashplates need some discolouring they are to black and shiny.

Rusty

Would love to get out and any excuse will do. Only problem is I will be away this weekend at the whitsunday coast. O well maybe next time.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Forum Runner

I have no update so far from my brother whether he is 100% in or not. So I am putting forward a 9:00 start at the bus stop(usual spot), I am bringing the wife so feel free to bring partners. Only reason being I need her to feel comfortable off road driving. Bring friends and we will try and get as much in as possible for the day. My guess is a few patrol guys from the nissanpatrol.com.au forum will be coming.

Rusty

Ok I have more goss and its 100% a go. Yes its been raining lately and I'm hoping it clears tomoz to make the tracks a lil easier for when the minister drives.

So the patrol guys have 2 meetings points. One is at 9:00 at Torq4x4 in Browns Plains at 9:00am. It is on Johnson Rd between Hudson timber yard and Plains panel and paint.

OR

At 9:30 CNR Ripley Rd and Binnies Rd.

Whichever one you get to is up to you. Have a bunch of patrol guys going according to there thread so it will be nice to have a show of navs aswell just to show them how its done.

Here is a link to patrol section:
nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?7414-Playtime-Brisbane-southside/page5

Rusty

:sad: I'll have to sit this one out. Out visiting on Sunday and we have to do some work in the front of the shed, got a carport being delivered Tuesday. Running out of days to work/play :big_smile:

Latest posts

Back