Braided Brake Line feedback?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tappet

Reaction score
I'm not happy with the pedal feel on my D40, never have been. I'm thinking of fitting braided lines. I was wondering if anyone has fitted them and what sort of improvement if any did you experience. I've done a bit of a search and they are expensive. One mob on Ebay has them for a 5" lift but they are like $320 for 4. If anyone one could direct us on where to get them at a reasonable price, would be much appreciated. I have a bit over 2" lift and don't really need that much length.

Many Thanks!

Could also try ringing around some brake places and have the specifically made to length and to suit the fittings. Don't quote me but ithink they'll make them up while you wait. I really couldn't see it costing the full $320

But will it be direct bolt on? might be a question, wouldn't see why not

just find a good fittings shop. I paid $130 for both my front lines. They are 2ft long to suit my SAS conversion so surely for all 3 lines you would be looking at under $200

Extended are dear as here, can't remember now. But I was very glad I grabbed them off Nathan when he sold them:)

They work well. Forget they were in there tbh

Personally think $80 a hose is a good bargain. Braided should be aeronautical quality.
Dont believe they feel any different, more a peace of mind thing.
I run a set on my HQ.
I don't take chances when it comes to brakes and when the time comes to do the D22s I wont be buying $50 pads.
Once again one mans opinion.

Just a thought- But I have worked on d21 and d22 breaks that both had the same shite breaks! Did the lines (braided) and that gave a better harder feel but still shite and felt like you had to stand on 'em to get them to work.
Anywaysss - with both cars I noticed that the front rotors had heat marks on them. So out with the callipers, both lower pistons on both cars had ceased ! the d21 needed a new piston and seal kit and the d22 just the seal kit. Water and crud gather at the lower piston and it will cease -leaving you with just one piston doing the work of two...
Changing fluid is good -sure "and should be done" but unless you are cleaning out the lower piston your only doing half the job.
I have always wanted to drill and tap a drain plug into the callipers- if you look at the callipers air bleed screw position you will notice there is a spot at the lower end where this could be done... it's the only way to make servicing the fluids practical and thorough :)
Sooo that done - better, muuuch better! fukc I nearly head butted the steering wheel in the d21;) the 22 not so much- good quality H/D pads and slotted rotors fixed that- you can actually see the nose drop when you hit them now- brilliant!
I know bugger all about d40's but i'm betting they have the same callipers as the early ones?? got a pic for me???
It's not a hard job doing brakes you just have to be thorough and spotless when assembling them- I was shown as a kid so if it's your first time I suggest you pay a mechanic to work with you and step you through it - there's some tricks to getting those pistons out and then back in with the new seals.... keep us filled in , cheers vic
cheers vic

Last edited:
Seems that most Nissans suffer from poor brakes. The brakes on my GU coil cab are worse than the brakes on the Nav and that has front and rear disks, mind you they are only single piston.

I found that braided line helped a little but not as much as putting a new set of pads in

I fitted a full set of extended braided lines purchased through a group buy on here in 2013.

No real difference to be honest. Best thing I've done in respect to brake feel was get rid of the Nissan brake pads and fit Bendix pads.

Pedal feel now much better.

Thanks Vic for your detailed post and thanks R2D22 great 2nd. post. Welcome! Must admit, not in a hurry to pull the pistons out. For the year it has quite low K's. Only use the truck 3 days a week and as the occasional weekend camping get away machine. Recently I did flush, new fluid, rear adjust and de-glaze without any real difference. As for the brakes they still look in very good nick. Have 50% pad left. Slotted rotors would be nice but rotors still look very good. No lip or anything untoward at all. So may try some new better pads and give the braided lines a go and see what happens. As suggested will give good peace of mind if not better performance.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back