Boost

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

str86

Reaction score
Hey guys got a question, running a gt2554 ball bearing turbo, waste gate is a 10psi, so wanted to up the boost a little installed a boost tee and gauge, all in correct places, when I wind it up or down no matter what it still stays on 10psi, even unplugged the waste gate actuator hose still 10 psi..

You must have put something in the wrong place... Do a search for boost controller and you will find other members explaining how they've done theirs.

Boost gauge installed in intercooler pipe motor inlet side, boost tee between pressure pipe and actuator not hard to mix up, unless I have to adjust my wastegate actuator arm?

Can you hear the exhaust gas dumping through the waste gate? You sure it is only 10 psi? They run 15psi factory.
I would think you would have to adjust the actuator otherwise it will be opening at dumping excess boost above 10psi

Turbo smart boost tee, found out it is the actuator which is rated 10psi, trying another..

........even unplugged the waste gate actuator hose still 10 psi..
sorry i missed this bit before. your waste gate is probably stuck open.
if its closed then i suspect either a big lack of fuel, inlet restriction or the turbo is to big.

a boost T can easy do more boost than what the waste gate is set to.
ie my other 4x4 is 9psi stock and i had the boost T (accidentally) up to high and was making 20 psi.

Whats the pre load on the gate it may be either only just shut or slightly bleeding .... Try around 10mm of preload meening you have to stretch the wastegate arm 10mm out to get it on that gate arm pin (while the gate is all the way shut)

The preload could be less than 10mm if I remember, will have to try that!
Cheers

Latest posts

Back