Boost solenoid

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickorous

Reaction score
Can some one please tell me where the f#*$#@g boost soleniod is on a 2012 spanish. I am having difficulty locating it.

not sure which one it is your chasing

there's one on the cold side of the intercooler

there's the other under the cover at the end of the thin rubber lines

i will most certainly take pictures tomorrow if you need

d212925d6c2406a9201c82c8e0a5a633.png

There is an electronic actuator on the turbo that is controlled by the ECU. A better system than vacuum and a boost control solenoid as it is less on/off.
Saying that, as with all improved technology, it is expensive to replace if it goes wrong. Very rare though

There is an electronic actuator on the turbo that is controlled by the ECU. A better system than vacuum and a boost control solenoid as it is less on/off.
Saying that, as with all improved technology, it is expensive to replace if it goes wrong. Very rare though
Thanks Landmannnn.
Now to figure out why mines playing up.

Thanks Landmannnn.
Now to figure out why mines playing up.

Might be a simple vacuum leak to be honest..

I noticed my boost being a little on and off, seems like it would spike quickly and then drop a couple PSI (which is normal) but a little too erratically, I found that the rubber cooler hose on the 'hot' side had a massive flat spot in it that was really thin. I replaced it with a metal pipe and it definitely smoothed off that curve.

In Mannings 2nd pic you can see the hose has been wound in wire lol

Mine is a 13 VSK

I noticed my boost being a little on and off, seems like it would spike quickly and then drop a couple PSI (which is normal) but a little too erratically, I found that the rubber cooler hose on the 'hot' side had a massive flat spot in it that was really thin. I replaced it with a metal pipe and it definitely smoothed off that curve.

Mine is a 13 VSK
This boost hose is std from the factory(with the wire). Nobody put the wire there...

No,some models had these hoses, I dont know which. Mine is normal hose without wire.
Maby the d40 gurus here can enlighten us...

Here are some d40 engine bays

Attachments

• images (12).jpeg
    images (12).jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 17
  • images (11).jpeg
    images (11).jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 20
  • ge5452791784879683342.jpg
    ge5452791784879683342.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 19
So would this issue only happen when the engine is hot due to the hoses softening then streching? if so how would it affect the turbo?

Mine is a 13 VSK
Phunk,
Do you remember where you got it from? I'm paranoid about getting the wrong one.

thanks

Latest posts

Back