Boost and EGT gauge added

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OzAssAssin

Reaction score
Have installed the Boost and EGT gauges today but still need to hook them up as yet, getting the EGT probe taped into the dump pipe tomorrow, then I’ll be able to connect all the wiring up and keep a better eye on things as there happening.

DSC_3027_zps29ae2635.jpg

DSC_3026_zps8412df5e.jpg

it looks like that temp gauge starts at 300c.
your going to have trouble reading it. need to use a diesel egt gauge not a petrol one especially if probe is after turbo.
its not even going to read a cruise and full noise will it will only go up a little bit.

boost gauge i would have got one that went up to 30psi.

looks good
std boost will never get to 30
my egt also starts at 100 f
as long as you can tell when it gets over 600 f you will be ok

Sparra, what is considered a good egt and bad egt?
are they the same between the two models? (D22 and D40)

Is someone likely to see any spiking to dangerous levels when not towing?
If the car is chipped do those figures change again?

boost could go into the 20's. you want to be able to see if your overboosting as well so pays to get a gauge that reads higher than you need.

max egt's 550c after turbo, 800c pre turbo.
yes you can get it at max without towing.
chipping means you can hit the limits at lot easier and even go over the limits.

Thanks guys for all your feedback it’s appreciated, time will tell if I need to make changes to what I have, if I need to upgrade I will when the time comes.

When the Nav was down getting the EGT probe installed, I had them remove the muffler to make It a straight through system.

when I got home I had to get under to make sure they had actually took it out, I noticed no difference to the sound from when it was there, is this normal or does it serve some other purpose beside taking up space.

my egt's have reached 550 f (i have alarm set at 600 f)
that was towing a loaded camper up a hill
car was also fully fuelled and loaded
i expect a chip will raise those temps
i think the d40's run roughly the same temps
i have egr mod and turbo back exh and snorkell
generally they stay quite low 2/300 f
as for boost
16 is the max i see on gauge
torque app shows higher but i will believe gauge

my egt's have reached 550 f (i have alarm set at 600 f)
that was towing a loaded camper up a hill
car was also fully fuelled and loaded
i expect a chip will raise those temps
i think the d40's run roughly the same temps
i have egr mod and turbo back exh and snorkell
generally they stay quite low 2/300 f
as for boost
16 is the max i see on gauge
torque app shows higher but i will believe gauge

thanks for that sparra,
Im deciding which way to go at the moment with the EGT sensor.
Go the generic flebay version for $160 give or take and monitor the temps my self ( i don't tow ) and back of when it peaks
or the $400 chipit one ( exact same type of gauge just specific wiring added to suit chip) that turns the chip off until temps drop down before reinstating the tune level.

Not to mention i have snorkel and will have a 3' turbo back.

550f is less than 300c.
i think you mean 550c

but yours is D22. D40 runs a lot higher. how much would vary depending on version.

well ile be fckud
it is in celcius
thanks for making me recheck
i honestly thought it was in farenheit
as for the gauges i got them off ebay $220 for both
they both have alarms you can set to any value,and the alarm is very loud,you wouldnt be able to ignore it

Last edited:
Hi mike, you can buy those gauges that chipit use from the supplier in the states for a lot cheaper. The gauge itself can be used for multiple applications eg. EGT, Boost, water temp etc. you just buy the probe that you need when you buy the gauge unit. The site is www.auberins.com or google auber gauges and you should find their site. You can wire theses to trigger alarms or to turn your chip off at a set level. You can also buy a warning light with an alarm built in. This is all Chipit use and they just wire the chip to the alarm trigger on the gauge unit. I think they are like around $150 or so plus the sensor which are around $35 or so. Check them out. Hope this is usefull to you anyway.

Cheers.

Last edited:
well ile be fckud
it is in celcius
thanks for making me recheck
i honestly thought it was in farenheit
as for the gauges i got them off ebay $220 for both
they both have alarms you can set to any value,and the alarm is very loud,you wouldnt be able to ignore it
not bad at all.
boost has wide range. strangely enough the vac side if it is handy for fault finding.
the egt gauge is like one of my old ones. starts at 200c which was bareable for pre turbo, a pain for after turbo. it was annoying the hell out of me so i put www.auberins.com one in.

the alarm and peak recall is GREAT !

Last edited:
Hi tweak'e.

Are the Auber gauges slow to respond? I am looking at getting two of these, one for pre intercooler and one for after so I can see how efficient my intercooler setup is working. Do you think they will work ok for that application. I will use a scan gauge for ambient temp at the air filter then with the two Auber gauges I should be able to see the rise and then fall of the temp as it gets cooled. I am planning to setup a water air system in the long run.

Cheers

Hi tweak'e.

Are the Auber gauges slow to respond? I am looking at getting two of these, one for pre intercooler and one for after so I can see how efficient my intercooler setup is working. Do you think they will work ok for that application. I will use a scan gauge for ambient temp at the air filter then with the two Auber gauges I should be able to see the rise and then fall of the temp as it gets cooled. I am planning to setup a water air system in the long run.

Cheers

the gauges themselves are fine. getting the right sensors is the key. i see they list an air intake temp sensor.
i havn't tried any for air. only got egt and water.

the other option is a few crowds make dual temp gauges just for that purpose.

Yeah I've been looking for one that can do both. I can find a few that go on ATV's that look ok but the Auber gauges have good flexibility and the alarm feature.

Latest posts

Back