Best chip for ZD30? What are yas running?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mate (3.0 Pootrol) has had some big dramas dealing with ChipIt, so he is gonna look at other chips. I mentioned chip express to him. He said that over on the Patrol forum people are really against them, causing lots of problems. Being the ZD30 you would assume the chips are the same/similar, and we would have the same problems? But I haven't heard of any problems that our Navara guys are having.

Has anyone heard of ANY problems with the chip express chip?

Cheers guys

Got a DP CHIP on my 2006 zd30 had it a couple of years now and so far so good absolutly love it should have put it on when I first got the ute. Very noticeable difference feels like a slug if I turn it off.

My mate (3.0 Pootrol) has had some big dramas dealing with ChipIt, so he is gonna look at other chips. I mentioned chip express to him. He said that over on the Patrol forum people are really against them, causing lots of problems. Being the ZD30 you would assume the chips are the same/similar, and we would have the same problems? But I haven't heard of any problems that our Navara guys are having.

Has anyone heard of ANY problems with the chip express chip?

Cheers guys

geez, not the story i want to hear just after laying out the cash for one.

what sort of problems? hope the navs are going to be fine.

He didnt elaborate on certain problems. You know how simple Pootrol owners are. Haha. I hadn't heard of anything negative about the chip either, that's why I was double checking here.

I think I'm gonna get one too, especially after the crap service my mate has been getting from ChipIt.

Guys they all work pretty much the same way in ZD30 navara, spill valve is held open longer thats about it from what Northside used to say.

Chipit is more concerned with posting big numbers than customer service, which is fine until someone needs help.

Guys they all work pretty much the same way in ZD30 navara, spill valve is held open longer thats about it from what Northside used to say.

Chipit is more concerned with posting big numbers than customer service, which is fine until someone needs help.

Yeh cheers, but it was more about the dramas the pootrol owners were having with the chip.

Chip it is terrible. I should write up in the rant section.

do it more people need to know about things like that, its a shame cause I would hate to see them become the next roo systems.

I will. Il wait for his truck to get out of their shop before i do. Don't want anymore dramas for him. He dropped it off there last Tuesday and its still there.

geez, not the story i want to hear just after laying out the cash for one.

what sort of problems? hope the navs are going to be fine.

You should be fine Ben. Trolls have different ECU's from what I've heard.

Let us know how your chip goes. After reading this thread I'm interested in one of these now.

hey guys ive just installed a chip express chip into my 06 nav about a week ago took about week and half to arive from uk and took about half hour to install definitely noticable power gain

it comes with a loom that plugs into the injector pump then the original plug plugs into the loom with the chip on the other end very easy to install

might fit mine up tomorrow.
looks like the plugs are in a prick of a spot.

no i havnt touched the settings yet and yeah the plug is not that easy to get at i just undone a couple of bolts that hold the wires in place to make it essy to get ya hands down there but the plug came out pretty easy doesnt need forcing out just slide the locking tab out and it pretty much fell out

fitted the chip express chip today.
fitting wasn't too bad. just a prick to get at.

took it for a drive after and i'm pretty happy, nice power increase. i have the chip on the standard setting that it came on.

couple of pics, first is of the wiring loom, the wiring was facing out the wrong way so i taped it up and directed it out the right way. did everyone elses face the wrong way? or just mine?

Attachments

• P1000157.JPG
    P1000157.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 206
  • P1000158.JPG
    P1000158.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 197
  • P1000167.JPG
    P1000167.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 366
Has anyone managed to, or planning to get their Nav on the dyno machine after fitting the chip express chip?

boost seems to come on a lot quicker now too.
since i put the 33 inch tyres on ive been getting up to 16psi of boost.

Latest posts

Back