Before and after shots of 2" lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could someone also teach me how to "quote" correctly as I'm new at this lol.

You started right, by clicking on the "QUOTE" button, but I think you removed the trailing forum command "/QUOTE" - it's supposed to look like this - I've changed the [ brackets for { so that they can be seen:

{QUOTE=Arty_74;31463}Could someone also teach me how to "quote" correctly as I'm new at this lol.{/QUOTE}

Removing any part of the forum commands prevents the forum from presenting it the way you want it.

Hope that helps!

[

08KINGCAB, excuse my ignorance but is positive camber when bottom of wheel is kicking outwards slightly?

Arty

That is negative camber, positive is in at the bottom. see attached.

Attachments

• camber.jpg
    camber.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 119
Ok, an update on my positive camber issue after the 55mm lift (front), I took it back to them yesterday to fix it up, they tried a few things with the lower arm but that didn't fix the prob, they ended up having to change the upper ball joints and fit spacers to allow for the lift as there is not much adjustment on the D40's (see photo attached), so Nismo you were correct in saying that anything over a 35mm lift (front) will need some further mods to overcome the increased positive camber, I'm now happy with the camber, it is slightly positive as per the Nissan specs.

Attachments

• IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 351
  • Spacer.JPG
    Spacer.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 372
Ok, an update on my positive camber issue after the 55mm lift (front), I took it back to them yesterday to fix it up, they tried a few things with the lower arm but that didn't fix the prob, they ended up having to change the upper ball joints and fit spacers to allow for the lift as there is not much adjustment on the D40's (see photo attached), so Nismo you were correct in saying that anything over a 35mm lift (front) will need some further mods to overcome the increased positive camber, I'm now happy with the camber, it is slightly positive as per the Nissan specs.

Hey arty_74, how much did those bushes change the camber?

Did you know what the figures were before they put them in?

Hey, that's good news. Would you be able to find out what the new ball joints are from or a Part number, and how thick the spacer are?
There will be a lot of guys interested in doing this to their trucks.

Hey arty_74, how much did those bushes change the camber?

Did you know what the figures were before they put them in?

They reckon I had about 1.5 degree positive before, and now have about 0.4 after the install of the bushes and ball joints which I believe is in the Nissan spec range.

Ok 08King, I'll find out a bit more for you

being QLD based and unaware if this applies to other states however...since you have gone above 35mm lift u will now need an engineers certificate otherwise if u crash insurance will say "sorry mate breached policy no claim". a further note i also recently found out IF u were in a crash and you were definately NOT in the wrong (clown runs up ur arse) and if the other insurance assessor finds out about the un-engineered lift you will be then be in the wrong because the car should not even be ON the road in the first place.

my engineer charges around $200
i heard others charge around $1000

it sux i know

Last edited:
Well, like many on this forum, I asked for a 2" inch lift and ended up with a bit more, I'll have to look further into the insurance issue you mention.

Well, like many on this forum, I asked for a 2" inch lift and ended up with a bit more, I'll have to look further into the insurance issue you mention.

most insurances will defiantely cover u if its "legal". so be best to check with qld transport. I also live in qld and was told spacers were illegal which is bs cause how can it be illegal if they sell them...

I also live in qld and was told spacers were illegal which is bs cause how can it be illegal if they sell them...

That catches a lot of people out.
I'm fairly sure they have a disclaimer stating that their products are for offroad use only.

most insurances will defiantely cover u if its "legal". so be best to check with qld transport. I also live in qld and was told spacers were illegal which is bs cause how can it be illegal if they sell them...

When you say spacers do you mean the ones that sit on top of your springs to add lift or spacers like I have on my upper control arm to correct the camber? see pics previous page.

Ive just fitted a set of rear EFS 30mm lift 150kgs load, "Comfort" model springs - even with Canopy,tub liner, and tow bar it went up 80mm on the LHS and 45mm on the RHS - go figure??.
I am loading it with gear and small van with 120 kgs on the tow bar this weekend for a trip to Darwin so it will be interesting to see where it sits. I was only 40mm bumperstop clearance standard so thats why I upgraded to handle the Hunter roads without bottoming.
With OME sport Shocks it rides well and will give a bit more clearance to the plastic fuel tank that hangs below the chassis rails.

Its a bit dissapointing you dont get what you expect !

Balljoint

Hi mate,
did these extended balljoints give you any more negitive camber at all or is it just to clear the arm from clunking on full drop?

Hi mate,
did these extended balljoints give you any more negitive camber at all or is it just to clear the arm from clunking on full drop?

Yes, the spacers (extended ball joints) are in there to give it more negative camber because when they lifted it the positive camber was excessive so this corrected it.

I do get a "clunk" sound when going over a speed hump a bit too quick, does anyone have any suggestions to rectify this?

awsome im getting some. the best they could get mine to was .5 pos on one side .9 on the other. hopfully it will get it into negitives. mine also clunks sometimes but i would have thought longer balljoints would raise the top arm away more to fix that. anyways you can make up a small bump stop to insulate the metal on metal contact. mine might be slightly different cause its the new ST model.

That's about what my camber ended up being as well about .5 or so positve, someone has mentioned on here that stock camber is slightly positive anyways.
I'll look at doing something with my metal to metal contact...thanks

Thanks Owen.
Good point about the factory suspension most probably already sagged when I measured it before the lift, I'll check the distance from the rim to the guard like you mentioned.

I have measued my Nav, I have about 787mm from the bottom edge of rim to the guard, so if stock height is approx 740mm then I have ended up with just UNDER a 2" lift, (47mm = 1.85")....interesting

Latest posts

Back