Bashplate Drawings - Make your own

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a nut welded to a plate so that it can be slid through the cross member and not spin when you are doing the bolt up. I had to get Rusty to make one for me when I was fitting mine.

Not sure if anyone is still interested in getting these plates made, but i got a quote today from a company in Yatala (just south of Brisbane) for 3mm mild steel
sump guard: $142.48
Transfer case: $84.35
very cheap i thought ??
Stupid question but what exactly is the ''nut plate on wire'' is it welded together to attach the bolt though ? please help haha

Hey mate.

That is for the chassis cross member just below the motor. You slide it in from one side so you can bolt to it.

Once slid in, there is a retangular opening in the crossmember where the "plate will set". It slides in from the drivers side towards the passangers side.

Bit hard to explain.

Pete

Thanks heaps for the drawings!! im emailing these to my mate who is a sheety and hopefully get them made up for nothing lol! ok a slab but ill drink it with him while we put them on!

If you can make the sump out of 5mm thickness.

Only problem is the weight. 5mm doesnt sound to thick but it will weigh a shit load..lol. 3mm still weighs a bit as it is.

I have taken a couple of big rock hits on the 3mm plate. It does deform a little but it has saved me a lot of money and lasted quite well.

I had the ironman bash plate on when I hit a hole in big desert national park, the bash plate flexed in a bit under the impact and damaged "PLASTIC" radiator drain plug = stuck in the desert for 3 days + head cooked and no car for 5 weeks (no work).
Was not nice....
Now I have a 5mm thick bash plate, I'll probably bend the chassis if it happens again LOL!

Hi All,

After reading all this has anyone actually confirmed if the drawings fit the thai models? & has anyone put one on with a bull bar on. My bar has a radiator bash plate that just comes to in front of the standard bash plate.

Thanks

This is great!
Thank you to Peteyen for posting the .pdf's originally.

Can some one please post up the original DWG files?

I had the ironman bash plate on when I hit a hole in big desert national park, the bash plate flexed in a bit under the impact and damaged "PLASTIC" radiator drain plug = stuck in the desert for 3 days + head cooked and no car for 5 weeks (no work).
Was not nice....
Now I have a 5mm thick bash plate, I'll probably bend the chassis if it happens again LOL!

I have the Ironman system and it's ok for what you pay; I have modified mine to be able to remove the sump etc.

I just wonder what would have happened if you had no protection underneath. Ouch

Hey guys,

First post ever here, just bought my 04 Navara about a month ago, first 4x4 and diesel ever.

I know this is an old thread but were original sketches for the older model Japan built D22s with ZD30's? I ask because mine is an 04 Jap made D22 with ZD30 and would love a set of plates. I have just a standard Nissan bullbar which comes with a small guard just below it.

Reading previous posts it seems like you either go the 3mm 403 stainless steel or the 4mm mild steel for a bit cheaper, leaning towards stainless for less corrosion.

I have a mate who is a sheety so I might be able to enquire with him on prices, seems like most of the quotes here were about 200-300 for sump and transfer guards, depending on steel type?

Cheers blokes,
Shorty

Didn't get your PM mate, I have been reading others posts and it seems to be happening for other members not receiving PM's either.

Hi.., just wondering if somebody could send me a copy of these drawings..., keen to make a set after bending a cross member...
Cheers

cheers thanks for that, hopefully there is some 3mm sheet in the rack at work when I get back,

Spoken to the boss today and he asked if I could get the .dxf files for these plates... Any body able to help me out with them??

Latest posts

Back