Bash plates that vibrate!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphabet

Reaction score
I got the ironman bash plates on my 05 D22, all fitted correctly including modifications, bolts done up tight and the vibration is driving me nuts. Hop under the ute and the stop. They are not constant... Only at a certain rev range.... I can not figure it out. Does anyone else have these issues?

I have a home made bash plata and it only started vibrating after I fitted a front locker. I fixed it by hitting up some big ruts and "Re-shaping" the bash plate a little. LOL it only vibrates very occasionally now usually when going over corrugations.

Would they be virbrating and rubbing on something or resonating?

Is it possible that if they are a flat panel, they could be resonating which may very well be fixed by a dent or two.

The ARB plates are ribbed which would presumably prevent them resonating. Don't know if they do it for that purpose or strength.

Maybe welding something like a bit of square or round bar along the length of the guilty plate would help?

No idea really, just throwing it out there.

my tjm bash plate did this too and it was where the plate sits up against the lower control arm mounts, garden hose stopped it

Ah cool, I thinks that my problem spot too. I've pulled the plates off and made a few mods. Im going to put them back on tomorrow... Hopefully it's gone... Cheers guys

My TJM plates do this too, mostly due to the transfure case plate been pushed up to the transfure case by a few hits, just re-shape it everynow and then. it just proves to me its doing its job!!!

My TJM plates do this too. Thanks for the info.

cheers

you should have got those rubber tube things with the plate that have a slit in them to use, but they just fall off and garden hose with a slit down it works heaps better

Latest posts

Back