bad fuel consumption

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfluffys

Reaction score
hi i bought a king cab 2008 d40 , fuel consumption is at best 14-16l /100 worst towing caravan 26l/100 , have dne 12000km rang nissan numerous times said it was normal and car has to run in , now after much bitching and moaning the are replacing injectors , hope this fixes the problem ,

Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like it's a bit thirsty. Mine was too at the start, a diesel D40 auto dual cab that's about 320kg over the test weight, I expect to get 12.2LPHK. At the start, I was getting 14s and up (unladen) and up to 22LPHK towing. At 19800km on the clock now, I'm getting a consistent 11.5LPHK unladen and 16-18LPHK towing depending on terrain. I am not sure if it's age or the ECU reset I performed, perhaps it's both.

How old is yours, how much stuff is on it, is it auto, diesel etc?

Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like it's a bit thirsty. Mine was too at the start, a diesel D40 auto dual cab that's about 320kg over the test weight, I expect to get 12.2LPHK. At the start, I was getting 14s and up (unladen) and up to 22LPHK towing. At 19800km on the clock now, I'm getting a consistent 11.5LPHK unladen and 16-18LPHK towing depending on terrain. I am not sure if it's age or the ECU reset I performed, perhaps it's both.

How old is yours, how much stuff is on it, is it auto, diesel etc?

Hi , yeah mine is an 08 king cab auto done 12000k has steel tray , the camper i have is heavy at 800kg and tinny is a 4m boat ,having injectors replaced now as it has a miss at 2100rpm, i cannot get any more than 120km/h on flat ground its like it flat lines and has no more power my mate has one similar and can sit on 140-150 towing a 3t boat !!, will see if it make's difference , what about the diesel particle filter ?? have read somewhere that that may be cause of problem ?? cheers :angry::angry:

Hi , yeah mine is an 08 king cab auto done 12000k has steel tray , the camper i have is heavy at 800kg and tinny is a 4m boat ,having injectors replaced now as it has a miss at 2100rpm, i cannot get any more than 120km/h on flat ground its like it flat lines and has no more power my mate has one similar and can sit on 140-150 towing a 3t boat !!, will see if it make's difference , what about the diesel particle filter ?? have read somewhere that that may be cause of problem ?? cheers :angry::angry:

The power is the same laden and empty , still only get 120k at top speed !!

My question would be why the hell would you want to sit on 140 with a 3 tonne boat but then I'd also question why anyone would want to sit at 120ks with or without a trailer but different strokes for different folks.

Sounds like there's either an injector, ECU or fuel delivery problem (something in the pump?). Biodiesel could gum the thing up, if you've bought any fuel from AFF, Liberty, Metro or United there's a chance your car's been swilling up to 20% biodiesel (and what's worse, it's added by the delivery driver in some cases, and that's just scary).

Not sure the King Cab has a DPF, if it does and it's causing you trouble then the DPF light should be illuminated. If you can get it to 120km/h, the thing isn't in "limp mode", which restricts you to 80km/h - so it's probably NOT the DPF.

Latest posts

Back