ASE intercoolers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nakedape

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm keen to stick an intercooler on My ZD30 D22 (to catch the turbo if it ever goes bang more than anything) and have been snooping around the various types/styles etc. I'm not at all sure which way I'll go as they all seem to have significant drawbacks - i.e. holes in bonnets, potetnial for water/glycol to enter the combustion chamber.

I've given serious consideration to the front mounted model made by ASE BUT it requires sticking a great bloody hole through a bullbar mount, has anyone got one and is there any sign of fatigue around the hole?

Cheers

nakedape

Cross country

Yeah are doing the same,chased up both ASE and cross country, in the scheme of things similar money budget wise . I have gone for a cross country myself as did not like the look of the piping sticking through the inner guard and into wheel area . The whole in the bonnet does not bother me as its a factory scoop and if you do pull inter cooler off just fit new bonnet harder to patch inner guard area .Top mount may have some heat sink concerns but realistically it will be a big improvement from standard piece of pipe that runs across tappet cover .Water/rain not going to cause problem as setup no different to patrol .
You are concerned that water /coolant will get into combustion chamber cannot happen with either system Hope this gives another idea
Chris

If you can wait a month or so we will have a kit available soon.
Much better pipe work and a top quality pwr core.

If you want have a look at Northside4x4 web site for some of the other ones we have done.

Yeah are doing the same,chased up both ASE and cross country, in the scheme of things similar money budget wise . I have gone for a cross country myself as did not like the look of the piping sticking through the inner guard and into wheel area . The whole in the bonnet does not bother me as its a factory scoop and if you do pull inter cooler off just fit new bonnet harder to patch inner guard area .Top mount may have some heat sink concerns but realistically it will be a big improvement from standard piece of pipe that runs across tappet cover .Water/rain not going to cause problem as setup no different to patrol .
You are concerned that water /coolant will get into combustion chamber cannot happen with either system Hope this gives another idea
Chris

Cheers Chris,

Did you fit it yourself, if so how'd you go cutting into the bonnet?

As for the water into combustion chamber - as was refering to the air/glycol systems. Main concern there is that something punctures the membrane (I assume its going to be Ali, brass or copper) at the interface thereby injecting glycol into the engine; whic hwould be extremely upsetting :suicide:

Ta again for info

If you can wait a month or so we will have a kit available soon.
Much better pipe work and a top quality pwr core.

If you want have a look at Northside4x4 web site for some of the other ones we have done.

Do you have a finish date for the D22 Intercooler kit yet?

Latest posts

Back