A cautionary tail

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nakedape

Reaction score
Recently I bought an inter-cooler, the brand is for the minute is unimportant but suffice to say it is a top mount. The kit came minus two brackets - quickly sorted. The cooler took a lot more effort to mount than should have been necessary - but again quickly sorted by the manufacturer.

Fitting required moving a fuel line & a fitting into the fuel filter housing - here starts the lesson. The fitting was bloody tight & in an effort to be helpful the manufacturer offered to do it for me - perhaps to aid placating me after leaving out the brackets or because they are just nice guys. Any hoo it was shifted and the cooler installed, followed by a nervous afternoon spent cutting a hole in the bonnet.

All good thinks I - not a hope :sad: Shortly after the truck started to stall moments after starting it - then it got hard to start - then it threw a fault code. So off the the mechanic who proceeded to inform me that the fuel pump was likely playing up but he'd do some investigating :suicide2:

After a few hours playing around he proudly produced the cause of my consternation - a cracked and warped fuel-filter housing. Seems that in their exuberance to help the guys at the intercooler shop had damaged it :devil:

Its been replaced at a fair cost to me - now I'm tossing up whether to retrieve those costs from the cooler mob, or just wear it on the chin as they were simply trying to help!

nakedape

That bad luck mate.

I'd give them a friendly call, and explain what has happened. And see what their response is.

Yeah I'd go with what KINGCAB said, be friendly and see how you go, they should be paying though.

Back