Anyone with a ZD30 using Nissan Data Scan (NDS1) . . . can't connect??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richNAV

Reaction score
Hello there,

After a fair bit of reading/research I purchased an OBD2 / Nissan Consult cable for my ZD30 and downloaded NDS1 on a Windows Laptop. So sitting in the car with the program open, the cable plugged in with light indicating power, ignition on but not started, and I can't connect. After hitting the connect button it appears as if its loading slowly but nothing happens. Any ideas?

Ta,
Rich

not sure if it could be browser settings not allowing pop ups. click on magnifyer or search and type in block or allow pop ups .. tick allow pop ups you can also do this on each browser through settings or options tich privacy and securities and scroll down to pop ups

for all obd readers follow basic step 3 small print first ,then follow onwards wards .. the blue tooth system dosent use cables to connect to your laptop
How To Setup ELM327 USB Cable OBD II Scanner With A PC

This page has some suggested procedures on how to Set up ELM327 USB Cable OBD-II Scan Tool on your Windows computer.
Make sure your car is OBD2 compatible. You can check our list of OBD2 compatible cars here
STEP 1. Download and Install Latest ELM-327 Driver Files
You can browse and download the latest drivers manually from here www.silabs.com/products/mcu/pages/usbtouartbridgevcpdrivers.aspx
STEP 2: Install your preferred OBD-II software to your computer Check Available OBD2 Software Here
STEP 3: Identify the COM-Port associated to the device in the Device Manager.

Consider opening the device manager before you plug in the OBD-II adapter so you can see the item add in real-time.
STEP 4: Connect your ELM327 Interface to the OBD-II adapter in your vehicle and the USB cable to your computer.
STEP 5: Turn ignition key to “ON”
STEP 6: Open the OBD-II software and connect to the interface by selecting the COM-Port associated to the device.
Troubleshooting

• If the COM-Port is set higher than the software allows, you will need to change the COM-Port in the Device Manager by right clicking on properties.
  • If the software fails to connect to the interface, un-install it from the Device Manger and reinstall the drivers by plugging in back in.

to find device manager its in control panel left click and it will open, may be better to right click on it and create shortcut ,icon will come up on your screen .... if you can see device manager when you click the start menu you can rt click and send to task bar ,easy to access... or do it through settings on start menu confusing yes good luck

to find device manager its in control panel left click and it will open, may be better to right click on it and create shortcut ,icon will come up on your screen .... if you can see device manager when you click the start menu you can rt click and send to task bar ,easy to access... or do it through settings on start menu confusing yes good luck

Hey Bro...thanks for your help. I’ve followed the steps but it still won’t connect. Not sure what that troubleshooting step is suggesting...uninstall and reinstall the software?

uninstal it from device manager so when you plug it in , it will reinstall, is your obd reader compatible with your windows system ,check it out in control panel
and see what the requirements are for the obd reader. I ran into a problem when i went from windows 7 to windows 10

Latest posts

Back