ZD30 consult/obd android

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey @Boogieboots finally got round to connecting up my OBD2 cable from OBD2 Australia, downloaded NDS1 (free version) on an Windows Laptop, but for whatever reason I can't connect. Sitting with my laptop on the vehicle the NDS1 program open, ignition on (but engine not started), red light on the cable (so assume it's getting power), click the connect button looks like it's loading but nothing. What was your experience? Not sure if I need to set anything up in the program?

Ta,
Rich

I think that is what mine did when I tried to use the Torque app. Mine is a Bluetooth unit though.
Slowlearner mentioned on his current thread about his ZD30 dramas that he was able to connect his cable to his phone using a "usb otg" connector I believe. Perhaps you could try this if you have one?
Otherwise you could look up Ecutalk and download that program. It works on windows
I am assuming that the cable is for communicating with consult. If it is for OBD2 that may be the issue

I think that is what mine did when I tried to use the Torque app. Mine is a Bluetooth unit though.
Slowlearner mentioned on his current thread about his ZD30 dramas that he was able to connect his cable to his phone using a "usb otg" connector I believe. Perhaps you could try this if you have one?
Otherwise you could look up Ecutalk and download that program. It works on windows
I am assuming that the cable is for communicating with consult. If it is for OBD2 that may be the issue

According to OBD2 Australia it’s a Consult cable to work with NDS1 so 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’ll email them...

Wish I’d just bought an ECU talk cable and been done with it ha

I’d try the OTG to mobile but I’m on Apple so no compatible apps 👎🏼

Last edited:
I am pretty sure the Ecutalk program is free to download, at least that is what I believe I read🤔
The cable should then communicate presumably. But I would email them for sure if they have sold it as suitable for you

I am pretty sure the Ecutalk program is free to download, at least that is what I believe I read🤔
The cable should then communicate presumably. But I would email them for sure if they have sold it as suitable for you

Tried ECUtalk software as well and doesn’t recognise any device/port, but the device does come up on a Windows Device Manager so must be wrong cable from OBD2 Australia despite them repeatedly assuring me that it would work on Consult Vehicles...🤷🏻‍♂️

Latest posts

Back