Anyone using Ebay seat covers ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

New Dmax has a leather interior, want to get a rear seat cover to protect the leather from being marked from my work bag and if my little bloke spills drinks and shit on the seat.

So you did get the hairdressers car? Sheesh even my hairdressers car didn't have leather bum rests.

I wouldn't bother with Egay. For the price they are I'd just go local and make it easier to return if they ever have any issue. Or the cheapest option is just glad wrapping the seats, it will make them more comfortable and allow for a quick change :sarcastic:

BTW go find a Dmax forum to ask your shitty Dmax questions on :ha:

Ill get Dylan to start a Dmax forum.

You cant join though, could be due to being from Victoria, you drive a D40. The list goes on. Hahaha.

Might try autobarn, Id go sheep skin, but will be a prick to clean. The front can stay leather.

I'll make my own Dmax forum and talk to myself and laugh at you and Dylan :ha:

I'd put something on the drivers seat, leather in summer really isn't pleasant, but yeah I wouldn't go sheepskin either, it takes so little for stuff to get stuck to it and if you don't get it out quickly it's often there for good.

Autobarn is a good first stop, my autobarn has a huge range and they have plenty they can order from cattledogs. Their prices are a bit dearer than we found on Egay when we looked for covers for mums Forester but for local service it wasn't that bad.

like crafty said
check the dmax forum:bootyshake:
:secret:(you might need to invest in some recovery gear also)
hope you got extended warranty with that dmax:ha:

I don't understand why you would want seat covers for it? Leather is one of the easiest things to clean spills from. Get a leather cleaner and conditioner and go over the seats whenever you wash the car. Or maybe more often if you don't wash it often, lol.

I think you'll find most seat covers will end up scuffing it up more than what your bag would... besides that, I thought that's what the tray was for?

Last edited:
I am just re-joining the navara club after leaving for a short time. Sold my jk wrangler, which is probably the best thing I have taken offroad just ordered a brand new d22 with some accessories.............and now I find out Dave is leaving.

The information you have provided throughout this site has been awesome, will be missed.

What made you choose a Izuzu?

I am not going anywhere.

The D22 is a awesome truck, I chose the Dmax as believe it is the best vehicle that will suit my needs.

Having a 1 year old has changed my needs, the back seat is huge in the Dmax, the Isuzu engine's are the most reliable out there, bang for your buck is not matched by any other model. 5 year warrenty, leather interior, GPS stereo, oodles of space. Projector headlights etc.

I like the fact I dont have to spend a grand to put on decent metal bash plates, the front diff is a cast iron housing, the ergenomics suit my needs best.

I plan on sticking around, Ill still give the info thats still in my head.

For $46,850 on road decked out the way I want is hard to beat

Last edited:
I am not going anywhere.

The D22 is a awesome truck, I chose the Dmax as believe it is the best vehicle that will suit my needs.

Having a 1 year old has changed my needs, the back seat is huge in the Dmax, the Isuzu engine's are the most reliable out there, bang for your buck is not matched by any other model. 5 year warrenty, leather interior, GPS stereo, oodles of space. Projector headlights etc.

I like the fact I dont have to spend a grand to put on decent metal bash plates, the front diff is a cast iron housing, the ergenomics suit my needs best.

I plan on sticking around, Ill still give the info thats still in my head.

For $46,850 on road decked out the way I want is hard to beat

Yeah, I Can understand your reasoning If I was spending that sort of money I would go IZUZU too. Im not a fan of the other Dual Cabs at that price range. The hilux especially, wel overpriced.

Good to hear you will be sticking around!!!!

I also think using seat covers over leather seats is unnecessary, they are durable, waterproof and comfortable why through a cheap seat cover over something so magnificent? If you buy a decent leather protection kit you cant go wrong, make sure it has uv protection and get tinting if you havent already.

Just my 2 cents

Where are you Dave, something happened to the Labor party today and you are missing your chance to bag them out. :hahaha:

Anyway, that's not the point of the post. Point is, you're right you smart bastard!!

Went and had a look at Dmax today with the old man. I can see why you chose it, the new model shits all over the previous models. If I was buying today and the choice was the Nav and the Dmax I reckon I'd be buying a Dmax. Not 100% sure the comfort level is there but the LS Terrain does look the goods for the cost.

Was a little disappointed that the salesman had to lie about the Dmax being the only ute on the market with a timing chain and that stopped me asking about the auto tensioner for said timing chain but if one walked away from the new car when the salesmen started talking shit they'd never sell any cars.

So when does the old man pick his Dmax up ?

Seeing a fair few getting around up here.

The thought of doing a clutch everytime you need to change the brake pads on a D40 doesn't do it for me.

Going by the posts on here about YD25 timing chains, you would think D40's run a timing belt. They need to be changed every 100,000km's. Haha.

Ill have mine late next week. Cant wait to pick it up.

Ok, you talked me into it. Ill do another thread on how bad the ALP is.

Yeah I don't think it will happen, he's hell bent on the idea that Nissan are a better car/company and have a more reliable name and that the V6 for a touring ute is better than the 3l Suzie. As you know I told him something that may have upset him but I also told him to buy the Dmax and I'd swap him with my Nav but he didn't like that idea either.

Clutch isn't an issue to either of us and neither are brakes. I have no idea why people are replacing them at 40K if I don't get atleast 80K out of the brakes and tyres both myself and my mechanic will be extremely surprised. The only dilemma I have with the brakes is that my brake guy who is probably the best brake guy in a 200km radius is looking at upping sticks and moving west soon and I'm not sure I'll need the brakes replaced before he goes.

I think the D40 ST and the Suzie are better compared but for the majority of owners the STX is just a huge waste of money, there is not $10K+ of value in an extra 2 cylinders. The YD25 might well be one of the widest used engines in the world market but the engine in the Suzie is the same engine that's been running in small trucks for years, the idea that Suzies are not tried and tested that some fanbois want to carry on with is total BS.

The rear seat is a 60/40 deal in the Dmax. Have just folded up the right side to put my work bag on the floor.

Couldn't be happier with it.

Latest posts

Back