Anyone got a new 140KW D40?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in the position with the lease on my 2007 diesel manual D40 up at the end of the month.
I test drove the new 140kw and honestly could not notice any difference between my 2007 D40 with 110,000km's and the new 140kw D40, admittedly the new one may loosen up over time. That said Nissan did offer a reasonable trade in on my old one and a good price on the new one.

hi to those interested in the V6 Diesel for the D40, I also have been hanging out for the V6 and got sick of not being able to find anything out so i emailed Jeff Fisher from Nissan and he emailed back saying they will be making an anoucement next month at the sydney motor show. From the sounds of it they are definatley comming.

Here's a quote from the email i recieved:

" We’ll be announcing some news on V6 Navara at Sydney motor Show next month.
But you should be aware, V6 is an expensive engine and, as such, we will not be positioning it as a utility work truck. "

cheers,

Andrew..

My 2006 is coming up for end of lease, I was going to get the upgraded - 140kw series 4, but I too will hang out until March for the V6, keep us all posted

Scotty

does anybody know if the king cab will be released with the 140kw upgrade any time soon?

just an update on the v6 diesel option, I have been told by my local dealer that the d40 v6 diesel will be available from Jan 1 2011, but as of yet no price mentioned..

Cheers,
Worm

See if you can find out if it will be new 7 speed auto and what options - oh will it be viewed at Sydney motor show

See if you can find out if it will be new 7 speed auto and what options - oh will it be viewed at Sydney motor show[/QUOTE

Hi Scotty, From what i was originally told by Jeff Fisher from Nissan it will be officially be released at the sydney motor show from about October 15 i think it was, so i daresay they will inform us all then as to price and details there.

Ps: I'm like a kid waiting for a new toy, it's painfull having to wait. :big_smile:

Cheers,

Worm

i dont believe it will be 550nm and 170kw

how can a v6 turbo diesel have more power then the landcruiser v8 turbo diesel? the v8 cruiser engine has 151kw and 430nm and 2 more cylinders lol

Last edited:
i dont believe it will be 550nm and 170kw

how can a v6 turbo diesel have more power then the landcruiser v8 turbo diesel? the v8 cruiser engine has 151kw and 430nm and 2 more cylinders lol

well first thing is its already driving around on the roads in the UK :)
theres plenty of small diesels that put out more than our 2.5 or 3 litres.

the Toyota is fairly under powered for it size. there are 3 litres around that are 180-200kw.

Last edited:
I too have from reliable source that it is coming out Jan 1, but will be spendy - and yes 170kw is what i was told as well - i guess they will still produce the 2.5( 140kw) for people who don't want to spend the extra coin.
I just wonder how much more it will be???

I am about to spend some $ on my old D40 but if the V6 is coming out next year I will wait and get one. No point spending 5k on a car that I could be trading in early next year.
Is it 100% going to released in Australia???????

Pity they will not do a D22 on it and drop the price of the lesser models. Also a pity that no matter what, I am in the market before the end of this year and the wife would veto selling our firstborn to finance a 550!

Guess 450NM will have to do! Unless we win tatts between now and the release of the 550 in which case the wife can have one.

Im picking up my 140kw Navara tomorrow.... Not really regretting purchasing the 140kw model now knowing that the V6 model is only available in the 7sp Auto with M-Mode. I do feel that I have missed out on alot of the optional extra's that come standard on the 550 though!

Latest posts

Back