Another D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil300

Reaction score
Hi every body new hear, picked up my new D40 today Midnight Black ST-X dual cab 2.5 diesel.

From DJ motors Hobart.

great .. bet you've spent every 20 mins going out to look at it :D or are you sitting out in it with your laptop

Thanks guys seems like good forum plenty of info on offer.

Hey Mat76 I see you have dual batteries were did you put it.

And forgot to say mine is a 6speed.alloy nudge bar pair of IPF spots,headligh,tbonnet protectors,tub liner,toonneau cover, floor mats, kick plates, fog lights, weather shields L&R .towkit and window tint. think thast it
cheers phil.

Welcome to the Forums Phil,

Although Matt can answer for himself, (especially since he did such a good job of his second battery install) chances are like most of us D40 owners you'll find the most practical place for the second battery is in the tub. There isn't much room under the bonnet on D40's and depending on what you want to use the second battery for having it in the tub may well be more convenient than up front anyway.

For the record mines up against the front wall of the tub in a wooden box that incorporates a nearly matching blue tool box, it's good for what I want and it took me about 2 hours to install and maybe an hour to make the box. No where near as elaborate as Matt's but his actually looks like time was spent on it whereas mine wasn't really made to do anything other than hold some tools and a battery and keep them from sliding around the tub.

Thanks Kraftypg,
yeah tub looks like the spot I was thinking one of the battery boxs with the sockets and teminalls. 50lwaeco may go behind drivers seat because I do not need the back seats all the time just me and the cook.

Thanks Krafty, yeah mine is in a toolbox/battery box in the tub. I did a heap of research and did the instal myself, if I can do it anyone can, although I am certain the pro's would do it quicker and neater. It wasn't too bad once I got my head around it.
Pics are in my garage if you want to check it out.

Matt76's Garage :: 2009 Nissan D40 Navara ST/X

Matt whats the main thing you use your second battery for? is it only worth looking in to a duel battery system if you run a big fridge?
Or is it just good piece of mind in any situation knowing you've got back up power?

Matt whats the main thing you use your second battery for? is it only worth looking in to a duel battery system if you run a big fridge?
Or is it just good piece of mind in any situation knowing you've got back up power?

I run a 40L fridge in there 24/7 so that is it's main purpose, I also run my UHF and air compressor off it. If I wasn't running a fridge I'm not sure I would go to the trouble.

Latest posts

Back