Aircon woes - blowing fuses

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flynndog

Reaction score
So it's electrical, but I think its related to something mechanical/compressor.

AC stopped working the other day, out of the blue. No clutch activation or anything, blower still OK.

Did the test from the manual and isolated it to a blown fuse, 10A in the fuse link under the drivers well.

Replaced it and tested, ran OK. Driving it went off after about 5 minutes.

I noted some green oil prior to all of this. Obviously related, but does anyone know what it is likely to be before I look at $1750 for a new comp?

And obviously the Mrs wants it sorted before we drive to Perth in two weeks. NBD, only trying to move as well...

Thanks

Leak was somewhere not near the compressor from memory. But who knows it has stopped or so it seems.

It is still blowing good cold air when it has a good fuse...

If the gas charge isn't right you will be cutting out on hp or lp
When comp tries to restart you will be tripping fuse
If your drier/ filter has a sight glass check for bubbles
It should be all liquid with no bubbles
Cheers

Took the underbody protection off this morning to have a look around for the noise yesterday, noted that some AC coolant (assumed as it is bright green?) was on the tray. Having a look where they landed, it would appear to be somewhere near the rear of the compressor.
I can't see any other pipes and I felt all around the joins and didn't seem to be any leakages.

Reckon the comp is gonesky?

Latest posts

Back