After Market OIL filters

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With his comments against Nissan lately I'm beginning to think he's either been sacked or spent the entire week drunk.

After Market Filters

Guys,

This thread is getting a bit old, (e.g. 3 pages of responses) but here is my 10c worth.

I live in Townsville and despite being a city of 200,000 people, the urge for local retailers to rip customers off is still strong.

Now I don't want to slag off my local Nissan dealer (Parry Nissan) because they recently organised a 3000 dollar warranty repair for me. I am the 3rd owner of the vehicle and it had 57,000k on the clock when the fault was diagnosed, so they r the good guys as far as I'm concerned.

But, I rang the other day to ask on price for the D22 YD filter and they quoted me $34.90 :shocked:

Now, over the last 30 years, I've owner multiple 4wds, at least 2 of which were nissans, wherever possible I've always used fleetguard products. See http://www.cumminsfiltration.com/html/en/index.html

I rang my local cummins rep here in sunny TSV and guess what, we worked out from the catalog that the Fleetguard equivalent was available and it is $9.80.:dance3:

I'm about to embark on the exercise of finding equivalent air filters and fuel filters from Fleetguard. When I do I'll post the resutls.

Last edited:
When I last talked to a fleetguard rep (which was a while ago) they were having trouble supplying D40 air filters and the rep didn't recommend them over genuine anyway however things might have change now. But considering Nissan trade price was so cheap and they last so long I wasn't overly worried about paying for genuine air filters. I've now got 2 genuine air filters the local fleetguard rep put us onto a cleaning service which cleans them every 20K (blow out every 10K) and I can swap clean for dirty when one is away for cleaning. Think I paid $17 for the filter and it's going to last at lot longer than the 10K the service books claims they last.

I rang the other day to ask on price for the D22 YD filter and they quoted me $34.90 :shocked:

That may be a lot but when servicing the Pajero, the Mitsubishi dealer would charge a varying price around $50.00 for the oil filter.

We have also had the local Nissan dealer do some of the handbook services & he also installs the genuine Mitsubishi filter. The cost of the filter is substantially less from the Nissan dealer than what Mitsubishi would charge WTF!

Guys,

This thread is getting a bit old, (e.g. 3 pages of responses) but here is my 10c worth.

I live in Townsville and despite being a city of 200,000 people, the urge for local retailers to rip customers off is still strong.

Now I don't want to slag off my local Nissan dealer (Parry Nissan) because they recently organised a 3000 dollar warranty repair for me. I am the 3rd owner of the vehicle and it had 57,000k on the clock when the fault was diagnosed, so they r the good guys as far as I'm concerned.

But, I rang the other day to ask on price for the D22 YD filter and they quoted me $34.90 :shocked:

Now, over the last 30 years, I've owner multiple 4wds, at least 2 of which were nissans, wherever possible I've always used fleetguard products. See http://www.cumminsfiltration.com/html/en/index.html

I rang my local cummins rep here in sunny TSV and guess what, we worked out from the catalog that the Fleetguard equivalent was available and it is $9.80.:dance3:

I'm about to embark on the exercise of finding equivalent air filters and fuel filters from Fleetguard. When I do I'll post the resutls.

thanks for the info...I rang the local Nissan dealer today and he quoted me an even $30 or if I bought the air filter, fuel filter and genuine oil at $88 ( 10-40 mineral oil ) he'd do me a favour and charge $25 for the oil filter

thanks alot Mr Nissan

guys,

this thread is getting a bit old,

well sorry about that old chap

i rang my local cummins rep here in sunny tsv and guess what, we worked out from the catalog that the fleetguard equivalent was available and it is $9.80.:dance3:

I'm about to embark on the exercise of finding equivalent air filters and fuel filters from fleetguard. When i do i'll post the resutls.

they may have an equivalent but is it the same???
Ryco have an equivalent z89a but it aint exactly the same as the oem filter

I dropped into a Southern Highlands Nissan dealer yesterday and asked about oil filters whilst enquiring about another issue.

They said that if people wanted to save a few bucks when they do services they can put in an AC Delco filter (s) both oil and fuel. I mentioned warranty issues."well its best to put genuine but we do put in AC/Delco"..do you keep these in stock..."sure , lots on the shelf"...how much are genuine vs AC Delco..."$34 vs $22.40" for oil and fuel "$53.60 vs $34.75"

there ya go

gazza414 said:
I dropped into a Southern Highlands Nissan dealer yesterday and asked about oil filters whilst enquiring about another issue.

They said that if people wanted to save a few bucks when they do services they can put in an AC Delco filter (s) both oil and fuel. I mentioned warranty issues."well its best to put genuine but we do put in AC/Delco"..do you keep these in stock..."sure , lots on the shelf"...how much are genuine vs AC Delco..."$34 vs $22.40" for oil and fuel "$53.60 vs $34.75"

there ya go

Did you get that in writing??

So whats the general concensus? I've been using repco filters but have no idea whether they're good or bad, but im sick of paying thru the nose for them. Is there is a better alternative? [edit] its a zd30

Who cares I use western filter kits :)

Do you know if you can you buy the oil filters separately or do you have to buy the whole kit? Only the kit was listed on their website.

Might as well get a few oil filters while I get the Provent filter.

Cheers

Have now fitted a Cooper Z9 filter from AutoBarn...have previously fitted both Ryco and Cooper Z89a filters which are a direct replacement for the Nissan OEM

DSCF7360.jpg

DSCF7354.jpg

Fleetguard Filters

Ok,

Some time back I said when I'd sorted Fleetguard equivalents I'd post the information.

So this is for a 2008 Nissan Navara 2.5l CR Diesel 4 x 4 Cab Chassis with the YD 25 engine.

Prices are INCLUDING GST

Nissan Lube Filter $35.75
Nissan Fuel Filter $66.77
Total $102.52:rambo::confused2:

Fleetguard Fuel Filter $15.68
Fleetguard Lube Filter $11.95
Total $27.63

That is a saving of $74.89 in this part of the country!

Fleetguard part numbers are as follows;
Oil Filter LF3400
Fuel Filter FF5307

Cheers,

On the subject of after market oil filters and instead of starting another topic, has anyone tried, used, thrown out Phoenix Oil filters?

Probably wouldn't normally worry about them myself but there is a Nissan dealer in Vic selling them in a pack of 4 for less price than they sell a genuine filter. I have no idea if the dealership uses these filters instead of genuine ones or is just trying to offload a batch of cheap crap was just a little surprised to see a Nissan dealership advertising after market oil filters for the YD25.

Have now fitted a Cooper Z9 filter from AutoBarn...have previously fitted both Ryco and Cooper Z89a filters which are a direct replacement for the Nissan OEM

DSCF7360.jpg

DSCF7354.jpg

Hi mate, how long have you been using the Z9's and how do you find them. You would think that being bigger and if they have the non return valve that they would be better on startup due to the bigger oil storage. how are they to fit being taller any hasels etc. interested in trying this if it doen't cause any issues.

Cheers Brad

Past 5 mths, the std filter has a non return valve--same as the Z9's.

As to no trouble..no issues thus far..never expected

they are fiddly to fit as has been described.

I'm going to a twin Z9 setup with a remote oil cooler and fan soon

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I've just stumbled upon this.
Is anybody still running a Z9 oil filter?

It's not about the cost, im more interested in whether running a larger oil filter has any benefits to the motor.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

what benefits do you expect to get with using a larger volume oil filter ? if both have non return valves then theres no difference in start ups as the oil is in the filter all the time. how much more oil is in the larger aftermarket filter compared to the genuine filter ??

I have had my Z9 ryco oil filter on my YD25 powered race Nav now for about a year and have had no problems with it. I do run a remote oil cooler, accusump and remote oil filter so its not your standard setup. I will be doing my first oil change soon so ill post my results. My oil temps don't get above 190F and I run between 8 - 10L of oil in my system

Back