AC / heating blows air, but doesn’t cool or heat, button dead

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matts1111

Reaction score
D40 2008

As it’s warming up now, and I’m needing the AC I need to get this sorted…

When I press the AC button it’s like it’s dead, the light doesn’t come on… I can turn the switches and it blows (warm / room temp) air, but there’s no cooling (or heating), somethings gone…

I’ve tried changing the AC fuse near the glovebox but no change, same issue…

Is there another fuse I can change or is this likely another problem?

Thanks

There are two fuses that apply to the air conditioning. The first sits beside the fuse puller and the other sits below it. Both are 10A fuses.
I’ll have a look when I get home from work but I’m sure there was just one… do you have a picture perhaps?

This happened to me on cars in the past, it could actually be your AC system itself, especially the compressor clutch switch.. This is when the system won't engage the compressor.

Other cars I've had have a failsafe when the Unit has a leak and is out of gas it won't let the system engage.

If it is out of gas you can't just refill it, you need to find the leak and correct it. Usually will be either from the piping or condenser.

Checking fuses is a good first step but rarely have I seen AC not working be because of a fuse.

Had the same issue. Check for leaks first and gas level.if thats ok
Its probably the compressor
Turn on the engine and aircon and see if the compressor is enganging, i.e spinning
If not its probably had it

I’ll have a look when I get home from work but I’m sure there was just one… do you have a picture perhaps?

Here's a pic of mine I took a couple of months ago. The one to the left of the puller is labelled "Electronic Parts" but the manual describes it as necessary for the air conditioning system (which, at a guess, possibly contains more electronic parts than it might have garden gnomes waving palm fronds).

Interior Glovebox Fuses.jpg

Check compressor, replace the thermal expansion valve (TX valve) When you turn thr A/C on the engine should rev up then go back to normal as the air con pump kicks in and out,does it do this? If not then your system could well be out of gas but theres a few air con experts on here that can help you

Latest posts

Back