AC not working after replacing battery

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matts1111

Reaction score
Hi… I’ve got a 2008 Navara D40. The battery has been showing signs it was on the way to being dead (after a couple of jump starts) so I got it replaced with a new one earlier this week. When leaving the garage I discovered the AC stopped working… air blows, etc but it’s not cold (it was working fine before). I called the garage and they said it’s nothing they would’ve done as they simply switched the battery.

Does anyone have any thoughts what this might be, and how to fix?

Thanks

Check if your AC compressor electric clutch is working because it sounds like it's not. With the engine running and AC on it should click in and out to regulate the temperature. If it's not working first check the fuse. If that's ok check there's power at the connector on the AC compressor. Use a process of elimination to find the problem.

Thanks for your reply mate… where would I find the fuse and where would I find the AC compressor? Newbie here but want to diagnose myself (try)

https://navlife.com.au/d40-series-service-manuals/
Here you can download the workshop manual in sections or just open them from the Navlife cloud drive. Owners Manual is there to.

The AC compressor is on the passengers side (for RHD) of the engine down low below the alternator. There's a fuse box in the engine compartment and one on the left side of the glove box behind a panel. The fuse allocation is printed on the underside of the covers.

The AC compressor fuse is in the engine compartment fuse panel which is on the passengers side against the firewall. You have to lift a few clips and pull it up to get to them. It looks like the lid of a box but it's actually the fuse panel with the fuses on the underside of said lid.

In the photo below it's the 10A fuse on the top right.

1677311211640.png

https://navlife.com.au/d40-series-service-manuals/
Here you can download the workshop manual in sections or just open them from the Navlife cloud drive. Owners Manual is there to.

The AC compressor is on the passengers side (for RHD) of the engine down low below the alternator. There's a fuse box in the engine compartment and one on the left side of the glove box behind a panel. The fuse allocation is printed on the underside of the covers.

The AC compressor fuse is in the engine compartment fuse panel which is on the passengers side against the firewall. You have to lift a few clips and pull it up to get to them. It looks like the lid of a box but it's actually the fuse panel with the fuses on the underside of said lid.

In the photo below it's the 10A fuse on the top right.

View attachment 37439
Thanks mate that’s really helpful, and how will I know if the fuse is a goner, by trying one of the other 10As?

You can tell by inspecting it.

Google and YouTube are your friends when researching these types of problems ... just type in "what does a blown blade fuse look like".

Last edited:
Thanks mate that’s really helpful, and how will I know if the fuse is a goner, by trying one of the other 10As?
Take the fuse out and hold it up to some bright light.

In the middle of the plastic fuse housing you'll see a piece of metal running from 1 leg to the other. if there is a little break in the middle / black spot / white spot etc then it's blown.

https://cfx-wp-images.imgix.net/202...size=large&s=3462a65b417b19a1c258f790c0441496
A blown fuse might not always look as dramatic as the one in the pic I linked you to

I had the similar problem clutch not kicking in. In my case the fuse in fuse box was not blown.However I found they had another fuse in the plug connecting to the compressor which is mounted on the compressor itself and it was open circuit. It was a thermal fuse . I cut the plug and socket off replaced it with another plug and socket and it was fixed. This happened a few years ago hard to find if you don't know. Clutch coils on compressors rarely fault.

Latest posts

Back