abs sensor fault

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pricey

Reaction score
hey guys Im in a bit of a situation where i need my 4wd but my abs light is on but i also cant get to a dealer. its a 2010 d40 ST can anybody tell me where the sensor is located so i can atleast try to clean it? thank yor pricey

Each wheel has a wheel speed sensor. Check you rears, the cable that runs to the sensor may be broken. Very common.

Hi yeah I was just underther i found one cable i think it was the hand brake tho. does the cable run into the back of the hub? i might just be blind ill go have another look cheers mate

Gday Pricey,check all cables(12 volt)front and rear.If the rear cables all look fine there are two bolts that hold the sensor in to the diff housing near the drums(each side)you can pull the sensor out and clean it.
If you find no broken cables at the front(12 volt)probably means you have a stuffed wheel bearing.
To reset abs disconnect positive battery and hold your foot on the brake for 15 seconds.Replace the terminal and drive for around 100 meters,if it is a simple fix the abs light will go out.

Latest posts

Back